2002 Blazer Security System Cutoff

frankiez77
05-03-2004, 04:48 PM
I am having a major problem with my 2002 Chevy Blazer. This is the 4th time in a little over a year that the car would not start. If the car sits around for a few hours it will all of a sudden start again. I have brought it into the dealer each time and they have not found anything wrong.

From what I have heard, the security system in the Blazer has a anti theft system that will cut the gas going to the engine if somebody trys to break into the vehicle. I don't know why it would cut off just by going into the car normally either opening the doors via the remote or the key. This has left me stranded 4 times and if anybody has had this happen or knows of why and a fix I would appreciate it.

ponchonutty
05-04-2004, 06:54 AM
There is a TSB at the dealer about the Passlock system failing. It is nothing that you are doing, it's the ignition cyl. going bad. The only fix (only for a while) is to replace the whole Passlock system.

frankiez77
05-04-2004, 01:32 PM
There is a TSB at the dealer about the Passlock system failing. It is nothing that you are doing, it's the ignition cyl. going bad. The only fix (only for a while) is to replace the whole Passlock system.

Thank you very much. Can you give me a little more info? What is a TSB and how come they can't detect there is something wrong? They are claiming there is nothing wrong with the car as by the time they get it the car starts.

If it is the ignition cyl. going bad at what points would it fail? How do I get the dealer to find the problem? What do they have to look at to see there is a problem?

ponchonutty
05-04-2004, 10:34 PM
You got my PM's right?

frankiez77
05-05-2004, 02:03 PM
You got my PM's right?

Yes I have and thank you. The car has been at 2 GM Dealers and they both say they can't find the problem nor can they find anything in the computer.

The first three times it happened the car just wouldn't start. This last time the car made a very loud screetch on the first time I turned the key. That was the first time they did that. They seemed to be more concerned with what caused the screetch then the car not starting. The car did start the next day and has not had a problem since. The GM Dealer has the car now and is using it as his personal car to see if something goes wrong but nothing as of yet.

I honestly don't know what could be wrong at this point. From what you are saying the computer system could need replacing. Is there anything that would signal it needing to be replaced? If not what possibly else could be done? This is stumping many GM people.

Add your comment to this topic!