Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

what car should i do if i want 500hp

clark796
05-03-2004, 08:15 AM
what should i do if i want 500hp ...I've placed an order for a new M3 at union park BMW in wilmington,de and I want at least 500hp and I only have an additional $45k to do it. I'll also be needing to swap brakes,rim,tire(of course),ecu,internals,clutch,flywheel etc.,and alot of the suspension...

Or should i do 911 twin turbo.
All of your imput is needed and very grateful

holla back
B.clark

jfiliss
05-15-2004, 03:34 PM
I'd have thought a 911 turbo would be the better choice, as there are maybe more options for and a longer history of pushing Porsche engines to those kinds of power levels. At the very least, it is always good to start with a turbo. :-)

Cbass
05-15-2004, 06:35 PM
what should i do if i want 500hp ...I've placed an order for a new M3 at union park BMW in wilmington,de and I want at least 500hp and I only have an additional $45k to do it. I'll also be needing to swap brakes,rim,tire(of course),ecu,internals,clutch,flywheel etc.,and alot of the suspension...

Or should i do 911 twin turbo.
All of your imput is needed and very grateful

holla back
B.clark

With a 911 Turbo, you could do a few bolt ons and be making that 500hp.

With the BMW, you'd be looking at considerable modifications, and you'd most likely comprimise reliability or driveability.

If you were going to build a 500hp M3, there are two routes I would go. Either turbocharge or supercharge the inline 6 cylinder the car comes with, or replace it with the V8 from the M5, and put some money into tuning it further.

Add your comment to this topic!