Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

here is a good question for all of you all

crwth2
05-02-2004, 08:18 PM
:screwy:i have a 73 rv90 rover and the coil pack and spark arrestor is shot on it i can not get a coil pack or spark arrestor for it because it is so old now my question to all you 2 strokers is what type of coil pack and cdi box can i replace these with inorder to make it fire and run right if you know the answer post it here or email it to me at crwth2@charter.net:banghead: (crwth2@charter.net) this is driving me nuts trying to figure out a way to do this

crwth2
05-03-2004, 12:15 PM
:lol2:now i had to rewire the conectors but the coil and ignition of the kx80
hence the reason for needing to rewire it has solved the problem for me oh yeah the spark arrestor i found out has nothing to do with the ignition and could not have cause the spark problem i had turns out the guy at the shop was only trying to take me for a ride:lol:

lilbill08
05-08-2004, 06:55 PM
i have a 73' rv125, i took my spark arrester off. :P

dannyrasor
05-09-2004, 12:14 AM
have you called midwest cycle salvage?

Jimmiz71
05-10-2004, 10:25 AM
In some areas its against the law to remove your spark arrester, I removed mine last year and my bike gained some throttle response and sounds much better.. check with your local laws to make sure you wont get fined for not having one.. I carry mine in my tool box incase I get yelled at..
-Jimmy

Add your comment to this topic!