Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

the one time wtf

DeleriousZ
05-02-2004, 03:00 PM
alright.. yesterday i decided to go down to the local import wrecking shop to see if i could find myself a distributor.. me being the person i am(does that even make sense?) didn't call the shop because i hate using phones... anyway... i drive down there, pull into the parking area (not really a lot.. just a gravel area in front of the office) that's on a sllliiigghhtt uphill slant... i turn the car off, get out, go to try and open the door but it's locked.. after muttering a few obsenities i walk back to the car and get in... when i try to start it, it just cranks... cranks... doesn't start.. i'm like ok wtf... let it sit for 30 sec.. try again... does the same thing. i'm like umm, ok, set it in neutral and roll back and turn the car so it's not on a slant anymore. turn the key and the car starts up right away with no problem.
any idea what could have caused this? i'm thinking something to do with fuel delivery.. but i'm stumped:banghead:

NEEDaNEWcar
05-02-2004, 03:24 PM
so it made the clink sound when you tried to turn it on?

My truck does that, the reason on my truck is because the wires on the battery were loose. When I tighten it everything is a GO

DeleriousZ
05-02-2004, 03:26 PM
no, the car kept turning over, and over, and over, it just didn't seem to catch and start up..

tsugsr
05-02-2004, 06:41 PM
ummm were you low on gas???

DeleriousZ
05-02-2004, 09:54 PM
i had around a 1/4 tank.. that should be more than enough!

ThrowbackAc
05-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Sounds like a fuel issue, my sisterin-law parked her car in front of my house before when it had around 1/4 tank of gas and it did the same thing, so I rolled it down the street and started it up fine, I would think that that would be enough fuel but guess not.

RSW
05-03-2004, 03:40 PM
Could be a fuel issue, but it could be your starter going bad and it was just a coincidence that you were on a hill. The cranking and cranking was what my car did right before I had to replace my starter. Try parking on a hill again and see if you hear any change in the idle. If it's having problems delivering fuel at start up, it seems to me it would have problems while it was running too.

DeleriousZ
05-03-2004, 05:07 PM
i seem to have been getting worse fuel mileage lately too.. she started up pretty quick today tho

Add your comment to this topic!