Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Steering wheel audio control illumination

digidavid
05-02-2004, 01:35 PM
Anyone know if the seek and volume controls are supposed to light up or not? The mute and prog buttons do illuminate at night, but the others do not.

Is a fuse blown? Or, is there a bulb to change? Are these illuminated by fiber optics?

Any help would be appreciated

Tony Denali
05-18-2004, 10:26 PM
yes, they are supposed to light up. I assume your talking 01 and later? One of mine went out. I havnt gotten around to fixing it, but during research I found that some people go to radio shack and replace the LED's themselves. Let me know and i'll pull up some of the articles for you.

digidavid
05-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the input, I was beginning to wonder if anyone had this problem. I tried to figure out how to access inside the switches to change a bulb, but could not for the life of me figure a way in. If you have some articles or can point me in the direction I would really appreciate it. Yes I have the 01 DXL. Thanks again

Tony Denali
05-20-2004, 08:48 AM
yeah, i'll take a look...

tobyw
05-20-2004, 12:04 PM
Huh?! I've got an '03 with all the steering wheel controls (mileage/odometer, stereo, driver settings computer, etc.), and not a single one of them lights up?! What gives????

theboz69
12-23-2006, 06:02 PM
I had one of my bulbs in the steering wheel control buttons go out on my 03 Yukon XL recently. I pulled out the whole switch assembly and then disassembled that...looks like there are two small bulbs that are soldered into the swtich PCB. I'm going to try to install a new one, will post results.

I also have one out in my radio head unit, any help there would be appreciated.

Add your comment to this topic!