Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Advantages of Carpooling

Jay!
05-08-2001, 04:02 AM
Someone else drives the car, so you can pay attention to everything else
When you drive in the carpool lane, it's easy to see the cars on the other side of the freeway
[/list=1]

In the last week, while carpooling, I saw:
[list]
An early '80s Ferrari convertible
4 or 5 S2000s
3 Impreza WRXs (one wagon, one a real light yellow color)
3 Supras (2 silver, the other black)
1 Rolls Royce (don't know model; sorry)
1 big black Hummer
4 second-generation MR-2s (one with the Japanese taillights)
2 Integra Type Rs (in addition to about five last month!)
2 new Q45s (I think they were both white)
a jillion C5 Corvettes (I think they give them away in Southern California; I should figure out where the line starts)
4 Pontiac Aztecs (not that great, but I realize I never see them)
and one red Lotus Esprit coming out of the driveway of Anaheim Stadium.

I should let my significant other drive me around more often!

Porsche
05-08-2001, 03:44 PM
It was said by a British guy (Alan Decacande?) that there are more Porswches in California than the rest of the world combined. There probably a few lines to give them out!

Jay!
05-08-2001, 03:51 PM
You know, I see them so often, I didn't think to mention them. I see so many, new and old, all the time! They still are enough to turn my head, but I don't really know how to tell the differences between any of them except the Boxster and the 944 (ugly!). In some areas of L.A., you can easily see more Porches on the street than any Honda or Chevy!

Heep
05-09-2001, 07:59 AM
My family and I went up to Toronto for the weekend, and we did a lot of highway driving, with dad driving, so I got to watch for cars. I'll probly forget some, but here's what I saw:

65(?) Ferrari (probly worth 2 million or something)
Ferrari 308GTB
Porsche 911's everywhere
Bentley Arnage Red Label
Lotus Esprit
Lexus IS300 (my first)
Lotus 7 with 16's or 17's...looked awesome
Alfa Romeo Milano (my first, 5 spokers, cool as hell)
Benzes and Bimmers everywhere
C5's everywhere
Audis, Jags, etc.

I could get used to Toronto :D

Porsche
05-09-2001, 05:33 PM
Ya, so could I. When I went for the auto show there was countless numbers of BMW's and MBZ's they're mostly 3 series and C-Classes though. On the weekend when I was biking to my dad's house I was passed in the Opposite direction by a beautiful 94-96 Red Lamborghini diablo! Let me tell you, the Italians make damn good cars! I heard it's beasty V12 roar and was hoping he would smoke everyone at the intersection but, he didn't.

BTW, I got excited cause there's is only 2 diablos (?) in Ottawa. I actually heard last year, there's only 3 ferrari 456's in Canada!

Jay!
05-10-2001, 01:24 AM
I saw another Rolls today.

Are Rolls and Bentley related? They look a lot alike.

Porsche
05-10-2001, 07:20 AM
I'm not going to make fun of you but yes. Rolls and Bentley are realted. It's a very long story about (80 years) but , Rolls Royce merged with Bentley back in the 20's I think and from there on, all there cars are the same except, one says Bentley, the other Rolls Royce. The current models, like the Arnage and SilverSeraph have the exact same bodies (Except Headlights and whathave you) and same setup, Rolls has a V12 though. The Corniche and Azure are more different but, they bu8ild the bodies in the same factory and the company is still together until 2003 when I think BMW and Volkswagen get each the rights to Rolls and Benltey. I'm no pro on the topic and I made it a little unclear but in 2003, I think VW gets Bentley and BMW gets Rolls. Right now there's a huge fight over the name and rights. BWm makes the engines for both right nwo also.

Jay!
05-12-2001, 12:28 AM
I just wonder why I've heard of Rolls Royce all my life, but never heard of Bentley until they started showing up in rap videos.

Heep
05-12-2001, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Porsche
BTW, I got excited cause there's is only 2 diablos (?) in Ottawa. I actually heard last year, there's only 3 ferrari 456's in Canada!

Only 3? I saw a green one in the showroom of Ferrari of Ontario....

Porsche
05-12-2001, 07:16 PM
Well, it was last year and I know that cause there was one for sale at Car Canda for 349K CDN I think. There may be more than 3 now. There's only 10 2001 Rolss and Benltey in Canada currently.

That brings me to a story I read in the paper today, Did you guys know that Rolls is recalling all 2001-2000 Continental T, R, SC, Azure and Corniche Models? There's something up with an electrical line that blew up a Corniche a few months ago when some guys fille dit up for the first time.

Add your comment to this topic!