Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

86 Climate Control Panel

flalesabre86
05-02-2004, 07:39 AM
All buttons seems to work as I can hear the diffrent vents open and close as I press the appropriate button. The temprature works.
I could not get the blower to kick in. I checked the fuses, poked around and one time when I pressed the defrost it worked after cleaning contacts.
Never again has it worked again, I tried another module that works in another car and this still does not work.

On further examination I found one black wire clipped right at the connector so it looks ok, but another one a brown with a white strip was what apperaed to be cut about 12" past the connection, but about 6" before it would connect where all the other wires go. Abd of course there is no short wire tha has been cut anywhere in site.

Any help would be appreciated.

flalesabre86
05-03-2004, 12:59 PM
I do not know why, but after plugging in the diagnostic module I purchased for $20.00 at AutoZone both the service engine light and the Climate control Panel started working!

Now... will the compressor not kick in till there is enough freon in the system?

Also, the rear defroster seems not to get beyond have way between each strip. Is there something to look at for this?

Add your comment to this topic!