Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help with my sentra pleaseeeeeeee !!!

sarsourus
05-02-2004, 12:34 AM
okay people wats up,
now i bought a nissan sentra gxe 92, ga16de with i guess b13?? now i upgraded my fuel system all hi performance, custom muffler from header to muffler, took off my catalic and resinator, hi performance brakes and calibers, not discs YET !!!, now i heard the sr20det from the SE-r fits my car but since i already did all this i thought of just keep going, now i got a good deal from a guy to custom my piston holes to larger rounds so i can try to fit either the skylines pistons or the SE-r's pistons, now since my car is automatic, is all the customizing piston holes worth it, and does the SE-R MANUAL TRANSMISSION fit ???? in other ways can i really enlarge my pistons and place the manual transmission. MY SECOND question is tha since i have a header on already, is turbo or supercharger better ????

nacho_nissan
05-02-2004, 09:52 PM
...how the hell are you gonna fit skyline pistons in there? and the SE-R comes with a SR20DE, not the SR20DET(turbo). no the SE-R tranny wont fit! but you can get a GA16DE manual tranny. and just forget about your piston stuff, keep the same ones and get a HOTSHOT turbo kit. if your smart, you can get up to 250hp(the most ive seen on a GA16DE with turbo) on stock internals.

sarsourus
05-03-2004, 05:52 PM
I want to custom fit them into my car, by drillling the holes of the pistons into larger ones where te piston will be aluminum made and lightweight for higher compustion i seen many people do it, and are u sure a SE-R maual transmission can't fit in my car????
P.S whats Tranny ???

nacho_nissan
05-03-2004, 06:01 PM
tranny is transmission. no, the SE-R transmision will not fit a GA16. why would you want skyline pistons? get a turbo! you cant even make enough power to break the stock pistons man!

fugiot
05-03-2004, 09:10 PM
You CAN fit the SE-R transmission in your car if you ALSO get the SE-R engine(SR20DE). Screw the piston idea. It would easily cost over $5000 to get the job done and is completely unessecary. Just get yourself the SE-R transmission, an SE-R ecu, an SE-R maf, and an SE-R drive axle. Then you can just get a FWD SR20DET and boost the shit out of it.

sarsourus
05-04-2004, 02:20 AM
but is it true if i do the piston job it will make much more horse then add turbo ??? and what is the MAF and why do i need the drive axle ?

sr20de4evr
05-04-2004, 12:58 PM
but is it true if i do the piston job it will make much more horse then add turbo ??? and what is the MAF and why do i need the drive axle ?

No that's not true, even if you could get that rb26 piston idea to work it would be a complete waste of money

MAF - mass air flow sensor, it measures the air flow and tells it to the ecu so the ecu knows how much gas to add, you have one now, it just wouldn't be compatible with the se-r ecu

drive axle connects to the transmission, your drive axle won't connect to an se-r transmission, so you need the axles from an se-r

sarsourus
05-04-2004, 08:11 PM
what is the difference betwene the sentra transmission and the se-r transmission? can i just get the sentra transmission and place a shortshifter, performance fly wheel and a heavy duty clutch?? what do u recommend

sr20de4evr
05-04-2004, 11:59 PM
The se-r has a different transmission. Different gearing, different bolt pattern etc. If you get an sr20det then you need an se-r transmission since it's the only one that can bolt to it. If you keep your engine then you need the transmission out of the manual version of your car.

sarsourus
05-05-2004, 12:18 AM
if i place the manual version tranny from my car, and i replace the fly wheel , clutch , and shifter to higherperformance would it be strong enough to race with ??? and i want to upgrade my ECU, do i buy a performanced one or the air/fuel boost thingy

fugiot
05-05-2004, 01:17 AM
Just the clutch will do fine, but definitely look into the flywheels also. For the ECU, get one from www.jimwolftechnology.com. Basically, all you need to do is get a new clutch, the ECU, and the hotshot turbo kit. Your car will haul ass.

sarsourus
05-05-2004, 03:35 AM
what is the purpose of the ecu and is it really necessary ??

sr20de4evr
05-05-2004, 10:09 AM
It runs your engine, and without it you would have a big lump of metal in your engine bay that couldn't do anything. Yeah I'd say it's pretty necessary.

sarsourus
05-05-2004, 12:33 PM
thanx alot uve been a big help !!!!

nmone84
05-11-2004, 08:55 PM
You CAN fit the SE-R transmission in your car if you ALSO get the SE-R engine(SR20DE). Screw the piston idea. It would easily cost over $5000 to get the job done and is completely unessecary. Just get yourself the SE-R transmission, an SE-R ecu, an SE-R maf, and an SE-R drive axle. Then you can just get a FWD SR20DET and boost the shit out of it.

Then again...why doesnt he just buy a new car?

/sarcasm
(so hard to pick on on the internet...always getting me in trouble:mad: )

Add your comment to this topic!