Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

a/c freezing up

ggoguen
05-01-2004, 04:34 PM
My wife pointed out that her a/c has been leaving a lot more water out of the evaperator drain. I then drove it and noticed the air flow out of the vents gets real low. I checked under the hood and the low side line and the accumulator are iceing up-I assume the evaperator is also. This system doesn't have a press cycling switch, that I can find. What could cause the a/c to freeze up?

Flatrater
05-01-2004, 06:45 PM
It is not uncoomon to see some frost build up on the low side and accumlator depending on the humity of the air.

You are right this car doesn't have a low side pressure cycling switch but it does have an AC pressure sensor.

If your system was freezing you would see a temp rise, a reduction in air flow isn't a sign of freeze up.

What type of system do you have auto air or manual air?

ggoguen
05-01-2004, 07:07 PM
It is not uncoomon to see some frost build up on the low side and accumlator depending on the humity of the air.

You are right this car doesn't have a low side pressure cycling switch but it does have an AC pressure sensor.

If your system was freezing you would see a temp rise, a reduction in air flow isn't a sign of freeze up.

What type of system do you have auto air or manual air?

It's manual air. The air flow from the vents got warmer, it was cooling but not as well, and the amount of air decreased.

Add your comment to this topic!