Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

saturn insurance

saturnsc2
04-30-2004, 03:21 PM
i have a 2001 saturn sc2 in like new condition. my father has a 2001 malibu in like new condition & my sister has a 2001 monte carlo also in like new condition. i pay the most insurance on my car between the three of us with a lesser expensive car & i also have lesser coverage. the insurance company's explanation for the saturn's higher insurance is that they cost more to fix in an accident & also have poorer collision ratings than comparable sized cars. when i gought the car new, i was lead to believe quite the opposite on all these issues. is this true, or is the insurance company just screwing me?

cyclist1
05-05-2004, 08:58 PM
How old are you relative to your sister? That might play a large role in it (as well as your driving record). Young men tend to pay more for insurance. Also realise that an accident in a Saturn that does not pop out will most likely result in panels being replaced. They use a lot of plastic, so a panel that does not pop back out will most likely be broken. My wife does not pay much for insurance on her SC2, but she is 27 and does not have anything on her driving record. The same goes for me on my Toyota RAV-4. I have a clean record and it helps keep my insurance down.

Add your comment to this topic!