Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New 2G teg owner

pizzaman
04-29-2004, 11:36 PM
Today I found a 90 Integra in very good condition for $1575 tax, titles, and fees. The only problems that I saw were the clear coat was peeling off and there was no radio. I had to argue with my bank about the money and found other ways to get all of the money I needed to get the teggie.
The plus side of the car: rims, new tires, good interior (no ripped seats or carpets), stereo wiring for amp and speakers already laid out, equalizer for stereo, apparently the previous owner was about to start modding the car when he had to get rid of it. All in all I got a good feeling from this car. I know that sounds wierd but I feel I got a good deal on this 2nd gen teggie

kicker1_solo
04-29-2004, 11:55 PM
right on, pics, color?

pizzaman
04-29-2004, 11:58 PM
It metalic black with the standard rear spoiler. Pics will be posted if I can use a friend's camera.

whtteg
04-30-2004, 01:51 PM
Nice welcome to the integra world :bigthumb:

pizzaman
04-30-2004, 05:22 PM
I GOT MY CAR TODAY!
I love the feel of the teg. Handling is great and as for braking I damn near kissed the steering wheel stopping. The clutch is kind of stiff and the shifting is very tight. I'm so used to a long throw shift that it took me a few to get used to the shifter. Modding begins tomorrow

pizzaman
05-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Things that need to be done.

Accelerator cable tighten
Fuel injectors clean
vacuum hoses replaced
Fuel filter replaced
New sparkplugs
Locate the leak in the power steering
Adjust the timing on the car
Adjust the clutch
Adjust the e-brake
Modifying the air intake

I love this car. It handles great although acceleration seems to be lacking but that could be due to the fact it needs a tune-up and the accelerator cable needs adjusting.
Are Honda heads color coded? The other integra I looked at had a yellowish head and my teg has a black head on it And where do I find the type of motor it is on the block?

Add your comment to this topic!