Engine Light On and Remote not responding

GeorgeSZ
04-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm glad that I could find an Infinity Forum! I did not know they even existed.

Well, as you can imagine this is my first time here.

I'm the proud owner of a 1996 Infinity J30 with only 60,000 miles on it.
It runs great and it is in very good condition except for a scratch, a quarter size dimp on the front and a partly broken emblem on the back. (Some idiots try to steal it) All of this problems were caused on the same night. I guess whomever try to steal the emblem got mad so he/she scratch my car and put the dimp on it.

Now, for my questions:

First, about a month ago the Engine Light went on and it has stayed this way since. What do you suppose can be the problem?

Second, my remote control doesn't seem to work anymore. It has new batteries and I even bought a new one, they both worked for a few weeks after I programmed the new one, but now, neither one wants to work even after I reprogrammed both? Is there something that I need to repair/replace in the car?

Thanks

infinman
05-12-2004, 02:10 PM
This may or maynot help you.The check engine light comes on for about 1 of 90 or so reasons.You need to have it "scanned" for codes.Second, check inside your glove box.You'll see a switch.Make sure it is in the on position.This switch disables remote operation as well as trunk release.
Good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!