Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Thoughts/help. Planning B18 swap 4 a hb.

quiksilver2003
04-29-2004, 01:24 AM
I just bought a full B18B setup (motor, tranny, etc) and I have plans of going turbo. I want as much power out of this thing without going too crazy (a little crazy is ok). I definitely have thoughts of changing out the valves, springs and retainers, and camshafts. I want to port and polish. Also I'm going to sleeve the block bore it to 84 mm, new rods and pistons.
What kind of services (hot tanking, powerhone, step deck) should I do to the block? Also I heard that the LS crank can only handle 500 hp, is that correct? And what else should I do to the valvetrain (angle vavle jobs, new rockers?) As for the ecu, what would be a good redline with dual valve springs? And on the tranny, I want lsd. Would the Type-R work with that or do I have to go with an aftermarket one. Please letme know. The only limitations are that I don't want to go LS/VTEC and I would like to stay with the LS tranny because I heard the gearing is way better for turbo. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Add your comment to this topic!