really sluggish 1st gear

AFI 05
04-28-2004, 10:00 PM
sup. I dont know if its common but my 87' corolla (4A-FE) has really bad acceleration in first gear. Like you need to have the foot all the way in the gas for it to run. what can be wrong? or is it that this car is just really weak. the condition of the motor and stuff is good. and btw, this happens even though its warmed up. thanx.

nhiaxeng
05-22-2004, 01:26 PM
give the car a full tune-up, spark plugs, spark wires, distributer cap, distributer rotor, pcv valve, air filter, oil, oil filter, check all fluids and fill as necessary... if all else fails, it may be the transmission going

shrivel
06-24-2004, 11:47 AM
I have the same problem and it is not transmission related(already had this checked out). I still have the same problem and no one seems to know what it is. Not only will the car be sluggish it will stop and not go despite flooring the gas pedal and the engine is still running.(This happens inconsistently)The diagnostics shows O2 sensor as well as TPS. Both have been changed and still the diagnostics shows O2 sensor(engine check light). I am at my wits end as the car is giving poor mileage. A friend of mine has same car(2000 Corolla VE) and has had same parts changed and no imprvements to car. Can anyone help?

Add your comment to this topic!