Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Wet Drivers-side Floorboard

adaltonh
04-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Every time it rains, the left side of my floor, on the drivers side is soaked!!! I noticed the weather stripping in the rear on the same side was sagging, so I glued it w/ epoxy. I guessed it was leaking and then running along the door and down to the floor, but after the next rain, it was soaked again!!! ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS???

Also, those mirrors still dont return to the proper position after 3 trips to the dealer!!! The warranty is gone and I still have the same problems!!!

Bullethole
04-28-2004, 02:29 PM
Get in the truck while someone sprays it with a hose to see where the water is coming in. No idea about the mirrors but there is probably a computer to blame.

bigjimmy428
04-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Mine is also soaked. Did you ever find out why? Or has any one else had this happen?

Dhc667
04-30-2004, 07:20 AM
My trailblazer had the same problem. Took it in to local dealership and they found the leak on the firewall. It was leaking through one of the welds in the firewall. It seems that the area where they found the leak has spot welds and the sealent that is applied over the welds was not applied over the entire weld . The dealer sealed the weld and pulled out the carpet to replace the foam padding. This fixed the problem.

Trailblazer02
05-23-2004, 04:05 PM
My 02Trailblazer used to do that. Check the bottom of the doors. They have drain holes that are supposed to allow water to drain from inside the door. Mine has somekind of foam in them and the water had build up to the panel and was running out into my floor. Once I cleared the drain holes, water gushed out and no more problems.

MAT0077
06-22-2004, 01:31 PM
I had an 02 that leaked ... water came in through a bad seal at the top of the windshield .... remove the plastic panel on the front piller and if you may find water - the dealer resealed it without removing the windshield ... you can probably get some stuff at the local auto parts store to seal the leak .....

classonedistributi
08-26-2004, 10:23 AM
I had the same problem and the dealer claims to have fixed it. i guess I won't know until it rains... They said it was a leak at the pillar...good advise above.

ironmonger
11-25-2004, 08:41 AM
I had a problem with water coming in on the passenger side front. I took it to the dealer and they fixed it for $214.00 and then I emailed Chevy. I told them my 2002 was leaking and what it cost me to fix it. They agreed to pay the bill. At the time I had 53 thousand miles on it. Two seams were leaking.

Add your comment to this topic!