Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Suspension

BboyFlipRoc
04-27-2004, 11:28 PM
Alright... Well, if I fix all these minor/major problems I have... If they even are problems... What are all of your inputs in aftermarket suspension? This is why I would like to have a Honda as well. I'm not so into the straight line racing and all that jazz... I'm more about handling... Does anyone have any suggestions on some really HARD springs, struts, etc. that will also lower my 98 SL? I will probably only keep my Saturn if I can find decent suspension mods for it. I don't want to spend too much on it all, but if it's out there... I'm willing to buy it... But I must know about it first... And when I say hard, I'm talking, it will give you back problems because the suspension is so stiff... -lol- Well, anyone with input, all is welcome... Peace.

SabreKhan
04-28-2004, 10:12 AM
www.spswebpage.com All the stuff there is pretty good quality. I know firsthand that all the suspension stuff is good. Saturns are almost as bad as Hondas and about the same as Chevys in the body-roll department, so a strut tower brace and some hard springs and struts are imperative for handling. Some negative camber and some good tires would help a lot, too. A rear brace is a pain to put in, but it's worth it for the body roll.
You know the drill. It's a compact econo-car like all the others, so to make it a good-handling car you pretty much have to replace and upgrade everything in the suspension. The Saturn can be a good autocrosser, it just takes a little effort.
But one really great thing about Saturns is that *nothing* in the car is hard to replace. A 9/16 box wrench, a Phillips and a flat head screwdriver, and some Robo-Grips and you could basically take the whole car apart and put it back together again. The jack and the 3/4 wrench you'd need, those are already stashed with the spare tire. I've never in my life had a car so easy to work on.

SabreKhan
04-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Not to mention it's plastic, so it's lighter than other cars in its class and thus has better power/weight ratios to begin with. So it turns better than a Civic or a Corolla or a Rio or a Cavalier right out of the box.

Add your comment to this topic!