Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Yukon 2003 XL blowing 40 amp fuse!

newmom
04-27-2004, 08:00 AM
I have a 2003 Yukon XL that has blown the 40 amp fuse twice that controls all the heated seats, all the power seats and the power windows just on the passenger side. We think the motor in the power seats has something to do with it. The dealer and GMC are stumped. Anyone having the same problem?

Jeremy-WI
04-27-2004, 08:55 AM
Should be easy as hooking up an ammeter on the wire that leaves the fuse and start playing with buttons and see what draws the high amperage that blows the fuse

rzkz8k
04-27-2004, 10:05 AM
Check your state's lemon laws. I'm in Michigan, the dealer has 4 attempts to repair, if they fail then GM has to buy back the vehicle.

bc4wheel
04-28-2004, 12:05 AM
Okay guys here the skinny on ur problems with fuses blowing. First things first, the obvious, fuses blow because there is a powersurge or short. Now, the difficulty of diagnosticing this, is because it has to be at the moment. Furthermore, it may require several variables before it happens again. It requires long constant testing of all your electrical systems. Try to document everything that was on or happening when the fuses blow, this will help the dealer narrow the culprit.

newmom
04-30-2004, 03:39 PM
After talking to the dealership, we have figured out that it has happened twice after adjusting the tilt on the power seats. We think it is that motor that may have the short. This is a tough fuse to figure out. First of all, I think they said it is an electronic fuse. And all 5 computers in the truck are tied to it. Not an easy piece to troubleshoot. But it looks like we may be close to figuring it out. Thanks!

Add your comment to this topic!