Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help Is There Really A Speed Limiter!!!!??????

fordfanatic420
04-26-2004, 10:46 PM
i have 2 ford probes... ...a 92 and a 93
i just got my 93 and i am now fixin it up and puttin in some mods.
b 4 i put in my performance stuff i wanted to max it out on the highway just to get a b4 and afta look. but when i was in 5th i hit about 112 to 113 and it was like my gas just stopped flowin??? i heard about a safety thing that shuts off the fuel pump when u hit 113 if this is true does ne 1 know how to stop this??? i didnt go through with this with my 92 i think because it was already fixed up with an afta market turbo.
the one im having trouble with is a 1993 5spd 4 cyl
PLEASE HELP!!!!!
I CANT LIVE WITHOUT MY SPEED!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

fordfanatic420
04-28-2004, 07:27 AM
Come On Guys Help Me Out!!!!
Oh And Gurls Cause I Know For A Fact That There Are Female Probe Drivers Out There!!!!
Please!!!!????

Fizer70
04-28-2004, 10:00 AM
Yes, it's true. The '93-'97 4-cyl Base Probe and Probe SE have a speed limiter at 113 mph.

There are a couple of ways to get around it. One way would be to have your ECU reprogrammed by someone like SuperChips to disable the speed limiter.

Another way to do it would be to cut the speed sensor. The bad thing about cutting that wire is that you will lose the functioning of your speedometer, odometer and cruise control.

What you could do is install a toggle switch that would allow you to make or break the continuity of the wire so when you hit or near the rev limiter, you can disable the speed limiter with a flick of a switch and continue above 113 mph.

The problem is that you won't know how fast you will be going, but it will be >113 mph. If you have a handheld GPS unit that shows speed you can use that as your speedometer.

Don't ask me which wire to cut into. I don't have a 4-cyl.

Go to forums.probetalk.com and do some searching

fordfanatic420
04-28-2004, 11:08 AM
thanks alot man ill go try that

Add your comment to this topic!