Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Best Wax

Dr Juice
04-25-2004, 03:18 PM
Wanted to know what the best liquid wax is, there are alot around that clain alot.

knorwj
04-25-2004, 03:43 PM
zymol, i get mine at wal-mart for like 12 bucks, its bluish. and water based. very good stuff, i find it to be better than meguires, mothers, turtle wax, and a few others i've tried. it gets a much better shine and lasts 10 times longer than the others.

meguires is all hype, not a bad product but not as good as the zymol. the meguires gold is probably as close to the zymol as you will get.

mothers isn't all the great. never did anything for me.

turtle wax is i suppose your average wax, not great not bad. i have never tried the new kind though which is supposed to be better than their other stuff.

TSRyder6
04-25-2004, 04:50 PM
i've heard good things about Mothers! :iceslolan

eckoman_pdx
04-25-2004, 06:47 PM
Meguires has a new polymer based "wax" called NXT Tech Wax. It has a pretty good shine from what I have seen, if fairly easy to wipe on and off. It does do some hiding of minor blemishes. It is a liquid like you asked about, not a paste.

I have never used Mothers liquid carnuba wax, but I used there carnuba cake wax (like a paste) all the time and swear by the stuff on my own car. I never cared for meguires Hi-Tech Yellow wax #26. It doesn't shine like the mother cake carnuba does, the NXT tech wax though is close (I have some of that, but still perfer the mothers carnuba cake wax). I don't car for Zymol. Every detailer I have ever worked for agrees, they don't care for zymol either. A water based wax is an oxy-moron of sorts. Wax is supposed to repel water with a non-breathable barrier layer (that's why you shouldn't wax a car for 60 days after you have it painted, the paint drys from the outside in, so the wax keeps it from drying propaerly and can cause fisheyes).

Also, if you use a "quick detailer" or "instant detailer" type product. Don't cross brands with wax/detailers. I have noticed the meguires quick detailer tends to not like mothers wax, it tends to strip it.The mothers detailer works actually seems to give a better "touch up shine" anyway. I perfer the mothers cake carnuba wax and the mothers instant detailer, but like I said, it's not there Liquid wax. In the meguires line, the NXT Tech wax would probably be the closest to the mothers cake wax in terms of shine, etc...though I still perfer the mothers. I don't care for liquid waxs, the only time I use them is if I am using a finishing pad on the rotary buffer to apply the wax as the final finishing step versus hand wax. If I am hand waxing, I perfer a paste. On my car, I swear by the Mothers carnuba cake wax. I hope this helps a little.

lkailburn
04-25-2004, 07:30 PM
hey eckoman, i think i'm gonna try the carnuba cake wax. after reading through your post i think you said you use that one like 10 times :) hahah.. must be damn good shit!

anyone ever use a claybar? i'm not sure where in the car care process this goes.. after you wash, before you wax? does that sound right?

eckoman_pdx
04-25-2004, 07:54 PM
hey eckoman, i think i'm gonna try the carnuba cake wax. after reading through your post i think you said you use that one like 10 times :) hahah.. must be damn good shit!

anyone ever use a claybar? i'm not sure where in the car care process this goes.. after you wash, before you wax? does that sound right?

Yea, I love that stuff....I swear by it. It's not just me throw...I've waxed half a bumper I had lying around off the car in one wax (like Half with the Meguires, and half with the mothers) and everyone could tell the difference between the 2 sides...my dad, my girl, my buddy paul (I didn't tell anyone what side was what). Also, I can see the difference with that wax, it has more shine and looks cleaner. I suppose you gathered that already:grinno:

Anyways, about the clay bar. I've used one many times. They remove overspray, bonded contaminents, tar, etc. You'll want to use water of a body shine (like instant detailer) product when using a clay bar...something to lubricate the surface and get it wet. You use the clay bar after you wash the car, but before you polish and wax the paint.

Wash the car, then if the car needs it you clay the car. After you clay the car you then polish it, then you wax it. If a car is kept in good shape, a cutter usaully isn't required. If you need to use a cutting compund, you do it before the polish, after the clay. The Clay bar is used after washing the car before the polish, which of course comes before the wax. Meguires makes a good pure polish, their Mirror Galze number 7 showcar glaze. The combo of that and the mothers wax on good, clear preped paint looks very good.

Ace$nyper
04-25-2004, 09:44 PM
zymol, i get mine at wal-mart for like 12 bucks, its bluish. and water based. very good stuff, i find it to be better than meguires, mothers, turtle wax, and a few others i've tried. it gets a much better shine and lasts 10 times longer than the others.

meguires is all hype, not a bad product but not as good as the zymol. the meguires gold is probably as close to the zymol as you will get.

mothers isn't all the great. never did anything for me.

turtle wax is i suppose your average wax, not great not bad. i have never tried the new kind though which is supposed to be better than their other stuff.
i agree 100%

lkailburn
04-25-2004, 10:18 PM
so is the polish used to remove swirl marks? err exactly what is the purpose of the polish before the wax?

also, could you clay just part of the car? say just the front bumper?

EDIT:juice--didn't mean to jack your thread by asking these questions...but maybe you were secretly wondering the same thing? :biggrin:

eckoman_pdx
04-25-2004, 10:28 PM
so is the polish used to remove swirl marks? err exactly what is the purpose of the polish before the wax?

also, could you clay just part of the car? say just the front bumper?

You can clay as much or as little as you want...run your hand over the car...is it rought or is it smooth as glass...if it feels rough....it has bonded contamentents, and the clay will remove them and return the paint to being smooth as glass. In this case, the whole car could use a clay, but you don't HAVE to clay the whole car, you can clay however much you want, but in that case the whole car could use it.

Polish before wax...it restores the lost nutrients to the car paint and helps nourish the paint. It will help restore the deep wet look, luster and shine to the paint. This is a nessary part of paint care. Wax is ment to provide a barrier of protection, and of course it gives a reflective shine, but the polish is what will nourish the paint and help give it that deep rich look and shine and luster, it is what will really bring out the pearl in a paint...a polish will hide swirl marks, it won't remove them per say, because a true polish is not abrasive, but it will look a lot better. To remove them you'll need a swirl remover or a cutting compound. However, you most likely don't know how to use a rotory buffer, so don't go buy a cutting compound and rotary buffer, you'll do more damage than good. If you buy some swirl remover, like Meguires Mirror Glaze Swirl Remover 2.0, and apply that by hand, it will remove some of the swirl marks. It won't do what a rotary buffer would, but it will look much better. If the swirl marks arn't awful, it may remove more than you'd think it would. Following this with a polish will help the paint look even better. True paint care is a lot more than just a "wax" or "cleaner wax." True paint care requires multiple steps, clay, a cutter, a polish, and then the wax. Each step has a purpose. If you take the time to multi-step it properly, it will always turn out better than a quick one-step approach. The one step is the lazy mans way. However, with a reduction in time spend applying it, you also don't get the results you'd get if you took the more time consuming route and multi-step it.

Tranzlogic
04-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Most of your store bought products are the same in there class, give or take a few products that stray from the rest such as your maquires gold line and things of that nature.... MALCO products and ROBO'S make kick ass waxes, these are what dealerships and alot of high end mobile detailing pros use, altho they can be hard for an average joe to get their hands on..you could try to find retailers online, or go to some local dealerships that might carry and or use their product lines...Another Great liquid Wax is " Liquid Glass " it goes for about 25 bucks and you can score that at higher end auto parts stores such as Napa, Carquest etc. etc. i think a paste wax is the way to go myself but to each is own..I say you at least owe it to yourself and your car to atleast check out what ive just thrown at ya...oh and if you find the malco products they have a product called " plum crazy " its a kick ass refinisher to use between waxes and it gives a really smooth apperance

lkailburn
04-26-2004, 07:43 PM
ok eckoman-- the next time i'm up for a day of car care, i will use a polish before i wax. however is there anything special i have to do before using the polish.. like do i have to remove the wax on the car already or can i just use the polish right after washing and drying the car? i love my baby and i love my vsm paint.. i want to keep it sparkling for as long as i own it

integrasedan
04-26-2004, 09:47 PM
Zanio is the BEST!!! The ONLY wax to get a grade "A" Period.

Okay, before I used Zaino, I used Mothers, Meguairs, NuFinish, Zymol, Liquid Glass, Kit, Eagle One wet as u dry, The Glosser, and they were OK, BUT, they Never lasted more than six weeks.

I wash weekly.

Then, I ordered Guru Reports Wax Test. 46 waxes put the Test!

This is the Holy Grail of Wax reports, and I ordered Zaino and used it.

"This product is like adding a layer of clear coat," one Zaino user said and I agree. The shine outperforms and outlasts than any other.

My Zaino on my Integra sedan for 2 Months, and still Alive and Kickin' IT!

Stop wasting your money like I did, Try, Zaino, The ONLY wax to get a grade "A" Period.

lkailburn
04-26-2004, 09:50 PM
how much does zaino run for?

integrasedan
04-26-2004, 10:04 PM
Zaino Brothers show car polish is only avalible from their website. The Zaino polish is 16.95, but you have to apply Z1 first (8.95) or use ZFX(19.99) which you mix with the Zaino polish and is easier and faster.

If you are lazy, the #2 wax on the test is P21S Concours-look Carnauba, which require less work.
www.gurureports.org for more info on the wax test.
www.zainobros.com

eckoman_pdx
04-26-2004, 10:13 PM
ok eckoman-- the next time i'm up for a day of car care, i will use a polish before i wax. however is there anything special i have to do before using the polish.. like do i have to remove the wax on the car already or can i just use the polish right after washing and drying the car? i love my baby and i love my vsm paint.. i want to keep it sparkling for as long as i own it

I actually detail cars for a living...well, it pays the bills while I am in college:)

www.automagic.com ...they have some pretty kick-ass professional products, but I still prefer some of the Meguires professional line...Automagic special cleaner concentrate is a kick ass product for cleaning interiors, and has many other uses as well...and of course I like that Mothers Canuba cake wax...it's true a pure carnuba ccake wax...pretty hard compared to many pastes, like Meguires gold glass. It's pretty damn soft, and it's not really a "proffesional line" product. It's considered in their comsumer line. Not that all the consumer line products are bad. Still, I prefer the Mothers Carnuba Cake Wax...not the liquid version of the same line...not another mothers, that specific product. It does work better in my experince than others...and the shine lasts longer to a certian extent...don't use the meguires quick detailer with that, the mothers instant detailer works better with mothers. Meguires works better with Meguires. Meguires also has a Mirror glaze final inspection number 40, their "professional line." It's available in much more cost effective sizes.

Anyways, Meguires MIRROR GLAZE is their PROFESSIONAL LINE...they also have Body shop profession line. You can get some of this at a regular store, like the very popular professional products, like showcar glaze number 7, machine glaze number 3, the swirl remover 2.0, etc. You might be able to find Heavy cut compuond at a regular store...I have found it before. Others, like Daul Action cleaner polish, Compound Power Cleaner, you'll have to go to a supply store, like an auto paint supply store. A store like this will ave more proffesional products, but they don't always know the product, sometimes they just sell it.

Just wash the car before you polish, to get it clean. That's really all you have to do. The polish should take car of the wax on there, so no worries about that. If you've never used polish on your car before, it could probably use it. A really heavy concentation of car wash soap will also help strip wax, but don't use regular soap. Only use a good car wash soap. Regular soap, dishwashing soap, etc...are too harsh. Meguires Mirror Glaze 64 is a good soap. If you want to clay the car, do it now. If you want to use a swirl remover, etc...do it after the clay. You can skip these if you don't want to do them, and then polish, or follow these with a plosh after doing them. It's really up to you, how many steps and how clean a finish do you want. You can pick up a D/A polish, and you should be able to use that, but don't use a rotary buffer unless you know how. The D/A polish will help you remove the swils and cut down to a clean layer of paint a little better. Meguires makes a spendy but good one, and they make some good foam pads too.

1-800-347-5700 is their sales, help and info number.

integrasedan
04-26-2004, 10:16 PM
The highest rated Meguiars product was their Gold Class

Zymol natural came in near bottom

Mothers products did very well having 2 in the Top Ten.

Armor All Proctective Barrier wax beat out waxes that cost twice as much, coming in at #4 spot. What a surprise! Never tried it yet, but I will.

That's all I'm gonna reveal, order your report if you want more info on wax results.

eckoman_pdx
04-26-2004, 10:41 PM
The highest rated Meguiars product was their Gold Class, and came in at #18

Zymol came in near bottom #35.

Mothers products did very well having 2 in the Top Ten.

Armor All Proctective Barrier wax beat out waxes that cost twice as much, coming in at #4 spot. What a surprise! Never tried it yet, but I will.

That's all I'm gonna reveal, order your report if you want more info on wax results.

I am my own report...I detail cars for a job...so I have used tons or stuff on my firends and families cars (I don't guinue pig my car or cars I am doing for work, lol). Yea, the gold class is meguires most shiny wax...but the NXT Tech Wax is really close, it's a Poymer Based Wax. It has some minor flaw hiding properties as well. In some respects I like it better than the gld class, its a new product. Mothers waxs are very good, I love one of their waxes in particular. I prefer Mothers good wax Meguires for sure. Zymol is all hype, it's a water based wax...I'm very surpised an Armor all product rated decent...I still doubt I'd use it...just cuz it's Armor All and most of their stuff is crap.

integrasedan
04-26-2004, 11:52 PM
eckoman_pdx, the NXT Tech Wax wasn't available at the time Guru Reports did the wax test, but they are working on Wax Test part 2, which including more new waxes.

i was surprised by their Armor All Proctective Barrier wax recommendation too, basically for a low price wax they said the shine and long lasting durability did well, especially for it's price.

Some wax are high priced, but don't shine very good or last very long.
It's probably the most bang for your buck, it's only $2.50. I've haven't tried it. Here's a quote from Guru Report,"A good wax for a great price."

But I'm picky so I want the best shine and best durability, and I don't want to Guinue Pig my car either, so ordering the Guru Report wax test saved me time and money. That's how I ended up using Zaino.

eckoman_pdx, what wax you using on your right now?
P.S. maybe you can use Armor All Protective Barrier wax paste on friends Guinue pig car and report back to us? :lol:

knorwj
04-26-2004, 11:55 PM
I also detail cars to pay the bills while in college.. small world, anyway i used to love the gold class till i read some reviews last year and tried the zymol, and it is not hype, and i assure you that is lasts much longer than a few weeks. last summer i was with out a car wash for about three months and i assure you that water beaded up and the car shined just as well after those three months as it did when applied. even during the winter the zymol stands up like no other, i live in upstate new york and let me tell you road salt and crap does a number on finishes. I apply my zymol a few times in late fall and it lasts almost till spring time.

and about it being water based, i actually prefer this due to the fact that it has no harsh chemicals as a base that may harm an expensive finish. plus to get a really deep shine i buff it like crazy then i mist the whole car down with cool water and dry with a chamois, the mist kinda smooths out and deepens the wax, hence the great part about water based wax a little water helps it shine. now granted alot of water will take it off just as with any wax, but average rain fall has really no effect on it. its not like the water is gonna dilute it and take it off.

Anyway this has been argued before and everyone likes something different, there are many many reviews out there all claiming a different wax is best, as far as i'm concerned you need to go out and try different ones till you find one you like, thats what I did and thats what everyone else here did and we all came up with different results, so just try em out and see what you like.

edit: today i got a sample case of some stuff at work called UV2 or something? some kind of uv protectant wax with a micro polisher built in, anyway its pretty cheap i think, but i'm not sure i didn't get a chance to talk to the sales rep. anyway it didn't shine as well as any of the waxes we have mentioned but it gets the job done pretty handily and brings out the color of the car nicely. of course the van i tested it on was pretty gross so anything would have probly looked good.

tran_nsx
04-27-2004, 12:14 AM
oh come on what was number one?

well anyways i use to used armor all wax when i had my crx and it was incredible. later on i read about meguliar's best wax and was impressed, but after putting it on i have to say it wasn't all that, i even tried their other wax to save me a couple of bucks since the store i went ran out of armor all. after putting it on i was dissopointed, guys try out the armor all you will definately be amazed by how shiny and how long it last. also, the low price is a plus compared to those other brands.

most of the stuff i used from armor has never been crap at all.
what products are u talking about? i use the tire spray, window cleaner, and vinyl cleaner and none of them have been crap.

i still got that bottle of meguliar wax but is thinking of just giving it to someone so i can go back to armor all.

eckoman_pdx
04-27-2004, 12:22 AM
Any good wax should be able to withstand weather wthout washing it, and still bead water, I have no doubts Zymol can do that, most decent waxes should. That's never been my issue. It's how many washing can they withstand, and that's wear the true durabilty test lies. If the car gets dirty and you wash it, how long will the wax last, that's the question. A water based wax, getting washing with soap and water. Most water based products don't come off with just water, but the moment you apply soap and water...Also, a very clean clearcoat has some beading properties in its own right (though most people don't keep there paint smoth as glass). A good carnuba wax won't have many harsh chemicals. Carnuba is conisdered the hardest natural substence, plus it shines great.

If you like Zymol, more power to you, to each there own I guess. I suppose if you don't wash the car with soap and water often, then yea, it should keep beading. Waxes always last much longer when you don't wash the car a lot. The real durability test is how many normal hand washings will they last though (with a qaulity car wash soap). Anyways, yea, there are a few good waxes out there, so we don't need to use just one type. Use what fits your needs and wants...some people are picky, some arn't, some are cheap, some don't care the price, etc.

Integrasedan, I currently use the mothers pure carnuba cake wax on my car...I hate liquid wax, always have. I only use liquids if I am waxing the car with a finishing pad and a buffer. Normally though, I don't break out the finishing pad, so in those cases I stray from liquids. The mothers stuff lasts for me, and it shines like crazy. I have noticed Meguires quick detailer seems to strip non-meguires waxs (hmmm) but when you use there instant detailer with it, it's fine.

I tried the NXT-Tech wax on a small section of a car when it first came out, it wasn't bad, though I don't know how well the durabilty is. I'll probably try it on my buddies car next time I do it, though I don't know when it will be.

Hmm, Guinue pig a friend car with the Armor All wax...I'm not sure if I could do that, there has has to be something harsh in it...lol...I'd have to think about it:biggrin: ...Maybe on someones really crapy car, lol...it wouldn't matter then...I know a couple cars that fit that description.

tran_nsx..Armor "protectant" is very bad stuff. It has alcohol and other harsh chemicals. Once it's on there, for one, it is VERY VERY hard to remove it all so that glue can stick when re-wrappin an Interior, paint the trim, etc. Second, if you don't keep using it, the alcohol and other harsh ingrediants like that can cause the dash and vinyl to crack. Armor all will dry out the dash if you don't keep using it. :biggrin:

tran_nsx
04-27-2004, 12:34 AM
tran_nsx..Armor "protectant" is very bad stuff. It has alcohol and other harsh chemicals. Once it's on there, for one, it is VERY VERY hard to remove it all so that glue can stick when re-wrappin an Interior, paint the trim, etc. Second, if you don't keep using it, the alcohol and other harsh ingrediants like that can cause the dash and vinyl to crack. Armor all will dry out the dash if you don't keep using it. :biggrin:

i never had a problem with it cracking the vinyl at all even though i only wipe the dashboard maybe once in three months or so. it shines and stay looking good for quite some time so thiers no need for me to reipe it. with the paint touching the trim, all i do is just wipe it off before it dries and nothing ever happens.

integrasedan
04-27-2004, 12:40 AM
[QUOTE=tran_nsx]oh come on what was number one?

Guru Reports Wax Test, Zanio Brothers Polish came in first place with "A-" grade.

To read which waxes won in their price category:
www.gurureports.org/press/wax-test-2002-release.html

To read the complete 46 waxes ratings: you'll have to order from Guru guys.

Guru also did tire dressing test, Armor All won that test, again I'm surprised, I'll definatly try Armor All Tire Dressing now, since i'm using No Touch tires dressing currently.
"Armor All Original edged out the 53 other tire dressings." Read on:
http://www.gurureports.org/press/wheel_cleaner_test.pr.html

Eckoman_pdx, I agree with you on Zymol products. I used Zymol Natural, thought it looked good, and last long, but compare it other waxes out there, Zymol isn't all that great. If you're happy with Zymol, it's okay, But you can have better performing wax at a Lower/same price. Beeswax is found in Zymol Natural, does that sound like it would last long? Zymol smells great though.

eckoman_pdx
04-27-2004, 01:38 AM
i never had a problem with it cracking the vinyl at all even though i only wipe the dashboard maybe once in three months or so. it shines and stay looking good for quite some time so thiers no need for me to reipe it. with the paint touching the trim, all i do is just wipe it off before it dries and nothing ever happens.

You're probably using it enough, just dn't stop using it for a long period or time (like a year) if you'v e used it a lot. If you keep re-applying it once it wears down, it doesn't happen as bad. It doesn't always happen, but it can dry out the vinly non-the-less, especially if you used it and then stop. Most professional detailers won't use it. I was sayin about trim, that if you decide to paint them and you have used armor al, the paint won't stick.

Integrasedan, I doubt I'll try the tire dressing. Is it a wipe n kind though like a gel or a spray and wipe? Those work better than the "no-touch." If it's regular armor all used as a dressing, I know I won't use that for sure. I perfer a light coat of tire gel personally. Black Magic makes a decent gel that doesn't sling too bad...Eagle One wet looks really friggen glossy, but slings more at highway speeds. I've used both of those before. I can say I'll never use the Armor All (no matter what the reort says, like what was said earlier, find what you like and use it), but to each there own.

integrasedan
04-27-2004, 02:33 AM
The Tire Care product Test used products specifically for tires, not the vinyl treatment for interiors.

I think it would be spray foam or gel for tires, I don't know, I don't have that mag issue yet.

Yeah, I think I should say that whatever brand you like is okay. After much thinking, todays waxes perform pretty well compared to years ago. Any good wax to day should do, some just need to wax more often because durability issues. For the average joe that's fine.

However, car freaks like me need more, I use Zaino, but don't recommend it to average joe who doesn't need that extra step.

Also, after the test results, I am seriously considering Armor All products, as many people think they cheap. It just goes to show how marketing can brainwash us into believing that their Brand names mean quality and pricey means higher quality.

Even the Gurus People who perform the tests admit/expected Armor All not to do well, but in the end Armor All performed pretty well in the wax/tire car test.

So companies can/do change, and I am going to give credit to Armor All who are probably giving the competition a scare. I am also going to applaude the Tests because the Guru Guys have balls to Publish their findings. They were threaten with lawsuits for sure, by the companies who know that their products do not perform. Anywayz, I'm going to bed.

eckoman_pdx
04-27-2004, 02:49 AM
The Tire Care product Test used products specifically for tires, not the vinyl treatment for interiors.

I think it would be spray foam or gel for tires, I don't know, I don't have that mag issue yet.

Yeah, I think I should say that whatever brand you like is okay. After much thinking, todays waxes perform pretty well compared to years ago. Any good wax to day should do, some just need to wax more often because durability issues. For the average joe that's fine.

However, car freaks like me need more, I use Zaino, but don't recommend it to average joe who doesn't need that extra step.

Also, after the test results, I am seriously considering Armor All products, as many people think they cheap. It just goes to show how marketing can brainwash us into believing that their Brand names mean quality and pricey means higher quality.

Even the Gurus People who perform the tests admit/expected Armor All not to do well, but in the end Armor All performed pretty well in the wax/tire car test.

So companies can/do change, and I am going to give credit to Armor All who are probably giving the competition a scare. I am also going to applaude the Tests because the Guru Guys have balls to Publish their findings. They were threaten with lawsuits for sure, by the companies who know that their products do not perform. Anywayz, I'm going to bed.

It' not really brainwashing. Armor All Protectant contains Alochol, which will dry your dash out if you stop using it. It "does it's job" in the fact it does protect from UV Rays, it is hard to remove, etc...but it's not worth the cost. I don't know any other professional Detailers that think it is. Now, I am weary of there other products for the same reason...sure, they seem to work good now, but like with the protectant, what are the long term effects? A magazine report and test can't predict that, only usage and time can. Maybe their other products are good and don't have harsh ingredents that can harm long-term, but it's just not a chance I am willing to take, on my car, my friends cars, families cars, and especialy on a customers car.

tran_nsx
04-27-2004, 08:21 AM
i had my integ for about 3 three years now and nothing had ever happen to the vinyl, trim, or paint. it so far has been superior to other products that cost a lot more. im more than satisfied in its capabilities so im going to stick with armor all.

Tranzlogic
04-27-2004, 09:18 AM
Armor All is shit...pure shit ! It destroys finishes when not used repeatedly, it destroys material compounds needed for healthy leather and vynal and worst of all is its residue !! Armor All residue causes fish-eye when trying to perform any type of body work such as sanding,priming and spraying !! it causes more trouble than any other product i think is on the market. the only reason why people use it is because its readily available everywhere you go and it leaves a super slick shine so people assume that is good because tehy have heard of it ! oh and I love the way all their exterrior shit spits all over the cars as they go downt he road !! I hope their plants burn to the ground and they go out of business !!!!!

knorwj
04-27-2004, 09:31 AM
I tried an armor-all interior shine stuff once, it made everything oily feeling and everytime I drove the car my eyes started bothering me, maybe i was allergic to something in it but i never touched the stuff again.

now i have this stuff called armadillo or something ( i'll have to check tomorrow at work) it works nice, its almost like wax for your interior. its in a white squirt bottle with blue writing. you squirt it on, spread it out with a soft cloth, let it dry and then buff it off, gives a great, dry, clean shine on glossy surfaces, and a very clean brand new out of the box look for flat colored surfaces.

integrasedan
04-27-2004, 12:37 PM
Yes, I agree with all of you who question the Long term use of Armor All, or Any other product. As tests conducted are of Short term usage. So I'll have to take your word for it for Long time use, since there have never been tests done for say after 2yrs or so, of consistent use of product "X". And I doubt a Long Term test will ever be conducted because it will just take too damn long and companies might have change their formulas when it is published, or the product was discontinued.

But for Short term use, it is okay. And most people like the short term effects. Especially if you have a show comming up or special event, date, ect. To make it look nice. If you are worried after using interior, just using soap and water to remove and apply another product you like. And for the wax, clay bar the car, and rewax with something else.

Which waxes are your current favorite? vote & see results here:Best Wax Poll (http://www.gurureports.org/gurusonline/polls/index.php?dispid=2)

If you see the results of the poll above link, Zaino is preffered the most. It would beat any store bought brand. Zaino is like a "Secret", because they don't advertise, and is only available online. Therefore, only "Hardcore" Car fanatics have heard or used Zaino.

tran_nsx
04-28-2004, 11:22 PM
hey im curious, was black magic liquid wax on the list? i went to get a better wax than the meguliar wax, they didn't have armor all, but the black magic caught my eye (thinks its new) since there tire products works very well. the wax also have an incredible shine guarantee, so if it doesn't impressed me, im definately getting my money back.

integrasedan
04-30-2004, 04:24 PM
Black Magic, think its pretty new. why don't you try Mothers California Gold Carnauba Cleaner, Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba, or Meguiars Gold Class? Both are pretty good and I'm pretty sure they will beat Black Magic.

Meguiars Gold Class has the best shine in store bought brands, but Mothers is last longer, decent shine too.

tran_nsx
04-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Black Magic, think its pretty new. why don't you try Mothers California Gold Carnauba Cleaner, Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba, or Meguiars Gold Class? Both are pretty good and I'm pretty sure they will beat Black Magic.

Meguiars Gold Class has the best shine in store bought brands, but Mothers is last longer, decent shine too.

i just tried the black magic and it works very well, almost but not as good as armor all. haven't tried Mother's yet maybe in 6 months or so after im done with this bottle :icon16: . i have tried meguiars gold class already and it works pretty well, but honestly, there are other products out there that can do the same job at a lesser price, such as this black magic wax.

Ace$nyper
04-30-2004, 06:36 PM
i used some KIWI liquid car wax and to be truthful i was surprized almost as good as zymol! car looks sweet!

eckoman_pdx
05-02-2004, 02:49 PM

Interesting...I raved about the Mothers California Gold Pure Carnuba like in 4 different posts on the first few pages, no one paid attention. Then he says it, and suddenly you all listen? Look, the Spectators at HIN liked my car finish, and the car in front of me wanted to know what I used. As I said on the first page, that Mothers pure Carnuba Cake Wax is good stuff, it's the only wax I will use on my car. It really does shine up nice. Meguires claims the NXT Tech Wax outshines the Gold Class, and IMO the Mothers Pure Carnuba Cake Wax (not the Liquid) outshines the NXT Tech Wax. I bought a bottle of the NXT, tired it, perfered the Mothers still, so I still use it. I'll use other wax's on a customewr carif they want, but the Mothers all that goes on my baby.

lkailburn
05-02-2004, 09:11 PM
eckoman-- if i can get my hands on that cake wax i'm gonna try that. i have faith in your knowledge! :)

eckoman_pdx
05-03-2004, 12:37 AM
eckoman-- if i can get my hands on that cake wax i'm gonna try that. i have faith in your knowledge! :)

Thank you very much, I appericate it:). I do try to share any helpful knowledge when I can. I think you'll like the wax, it's good stuff. Like I said, it's all I'll use.

integrasedan
05-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Interesting...I raved about the Mothers California Gold Pure Carnuba like in 4 different posts on the first few pages, no one paid attention.

now that you mention it, i remember you told me. I also used it and it's pretty good, and Guru said it was good also, so Mother products have a good consistant reputation.

it's sorta hard to remember who said what, and what it was about.
anywayz, have you tried Eagle One Nano wax yet? Pep Boys offers rebate, so it's free this week.

eckoman_pdx
05-04-2004, 12:46 AM
now that you mention it, i remember you told me. I also used it and it's pretty good, and Guru said it was good also, so Mother products have a good consistant reputation.

it's sorta hard to remember who said what, and what it was about.
anywayz, have you tried Eagle One Nano wax yet? Pep Boys offers rebate, so it's free this week.

I remembered who said what pretty well I think. But yeah, I raved about that wax in at least 4 posts in this thread. I havn't tried the Eagle One yet, though it sounds like Eagle Ones version of Meguires NXT Tech Wax. Maybe I'll try it once at some point. It would take one heck of a wax to keep me from using that Mothers Wax. We all know by this point how I feel about that wax:)

DeleriousZ
05-04-2004, 01:04 AM
i just used some meguairs gold clear coat car wax today and i must say the results were pretty amazing... i've got nothing to compare it to except for turtle wax.. but damn.. on my 11 year old paintjob it makes the whole car just sparkle.. i can read what's on my garage door motor off of my hood... very pleased for sure.. just waiting to pick up the rest of the meguiars line.. the car wash, deep crystal polish and the scratch x.... hope it'll get rid of a few of my scratches and most of the damn swirl marks... just thought i'd toss in my :2cents:

Tranzlogic
05-04-2004, 11:57 AM
hey whats the clear rating on the mothers cake ?? im spraying my car next month, prolly end up using the new ppg clear anyways, id like to wax it by july .. some waxes can go on relativly soon after a heavier weight clear has been applied than others..just wondering if you knew, cause its one of the few i havent tried... considering im daily driving/showing her.

off topic:: i watched a kid rub his vehicle down in WD-40 once cause it was shining it up....hahaha that was a funny sight...stupid kid

Al_Bundy
05-06-2004, 08:02 PM
haven't wax in years...

paintballer06
05-13-2004, 07:53 PM
I used the Mothers Carnauba wax, pretty good shine, now I just have to see how long it lasts.

eckoman_pdx
05-17-2004, 02:32 AM
hey whats the clear rating on the mothers cake ?? im spraying my car next month, prolly end up using the new ppg clear anyways, id like to wax it by july .. some waxes can go on relativly soon after a heavier weight clear has been applied than others..just wondering if you knew, cause its one of the few i havent tried... considering im daily driving/showing her.

off topic:: i watched a kid rub his vehicle down in WD-40 once cause it was shining it up....hahaha that was a funny sight...stupid kid

WD-40? Man, that was a dumb move, lol..

Anyways, in reference to the Mothers Wax....you mean how long after you paint the car can it be applied. Usually, it you wait 60 days, you'll be fine to wax it. You can probably do it after 30 days and be okay. The whole reason is that Wax is a non-breathable barrier. Since paitn dires from the outside in, if the inside isn't dried yet, then waxing it can case fisheyes, etc. If the car is baked after it's painted, it should knock a little time off too.

You're getting the car painting in June, correct? If you wait 30 days and wax it, you should be okay. I have never had a problem waxing it after 30 days, never had any fisheyes, etc pop up (I use the mothers cake wax). The longer time frame suggested it usually a "just in case" since most body shops gaurentee their paint job. In some cases (espcially in colder weather) it's better to wait 60 days. However, it being hot and summer, 30 days should be fine for you. My boss has waxed paint 15 days afterwards and never had an issue...I won't do it before 30 though (covering my ass, lol). If the customers okay with 30, I'll do it...I explain it to them and give them the choice.

Add your comment to this topic!