Rb26dett Stroker Kits Plz Read!!

red12
04-25-2004, 12:44 PM
ok guys i know this has been broguht up before but i need to know of all the 3.0 stoker kits there is. why? because ive so much about diffrent stroker kits for the skyline but no one has provied solid information! meaning wbesite to buy it from or find more infor on them. Ive heard that jun makes a rb30det stroker motor uusing th n1 block anyone eard about this? i also heard that jun makes a stroker kit for the rb30det engine which final displacement is 3.2l but i havent found solid evidence that these kits or motors exist! its like everyone is speaking out there ass. i know about the OS GIKEN block i just dont know where to get it or how much it cost in us dollars rumor has it its in the ball park of 15,000 us? and last but not leat the apexi 2.9l crank or stroker kit thts been getting talked about alot but im never seen it..... could you guys plz point me in the right path and stay on subject.. in other words dont start talking about strokers and then bring up why do you want to stroke the engine? stroke dosent mean more hp e=m2 you get the picture. in other words stay focused. thank you for your opinions ahead of time. :sunglasse

SkylineUSA
04-25-2004, 05:23 PM
I take it that you have looked at www.takakaira.com for storker kits?

What do you have right now? You have an RB26 that needs a rebuild?

I would love to be able to afford a stroker kit, but in the long run, they are not worth it IMHO.

red12
04-26-2004, 12:11 AM
hey thanks for yuor opinion i didnt even think of them all they carry is the jun 2.7 kit not th 3.0 version ive been hearing about. you know i kinda sorta agree with that but if you really really think about 12000-13000 for a COMPLETE bottem end that can upwards of 1600hp? and its skyline engine? thats not that bad.... i know i sound insane when you can get a rb30det block and blaa blaaa blaa but i have to see anone push that block over 1000hp.... in other words i question it strength.. but with the rb26 it as proven its self over and over again of power levels above 1300hp see what im getting at? not if think aabout giken puts every thing in one nice kit instead of you having all the parts custom made... a BRAND NEW block,deck plate sleeves pistons crank oil pump gear timing belt and rods! all you have to do is bolt on your head..

red12
04-26-2004, 12:13 AM
and cam gears!

SkylineUSA
04-26-2004, 12:56 AM
So I do not post something you know.

Where have you looked for a kit at?

I take it that you are in the States.

You do know that with the bigger displacment, it will be harder to achieve higher HP numbers;) You will have more power though.

Moppie
04-26-2004, 02:10 AM
SkylineUSA you crack me up!

SkylineUSA
04-26-2004, 11:30 AM
What? :dunno: :)

red12
04-27-2004, 02:16 AM
i think i can obtain higher hp with more diplacement besides hp isnt the issure its torque that is what you desire for a drag race. ive looked on numerous search engines amd websites with little luck.and yes i live in the states.

R34 GTR
04-28-2004, 04:39 PM
I thought JUN only did a 2.7L stroker which is the one I nearly ordered, but due to time restraints, I got a standard JUN bottom end and N1 block with oversized bore from them.

3.0 OS Giken was another kit I looked into - standard block with steel liners. Like SkylineUSA said, I wanted hp, so was reommended to give it a miss.

I think the general consensus for the best compromise is a 2.7L displacement.

SkylineUSA
04-28-2004, 04:53 PM
I thought JUN only did a 2.7L stroker which is the one I nearly ordered, but due to time restraints, I got a standard JUN bottom end and N1 block with oversized bore from them.

3.0 OS Giken was another kit I looked into - standard block with steel liners. Like SkylineUSA said, I wanted hp, so was reommended to give it a miss.

I think the general consensus for the best compromise is a 2.7L displacement.

Vincent,

If I had the cash flow, I would have opted for the 3.0 in a heart beat. I am not a big fan of engines that need to spin over 8k to make hp. Although the 2.7 is a very good comprimise, like you said, but I like power from the start. I do not like an engine where I have to wait for it to hit the sweet spot, if you know what I mean.

3.0 with 2530s, at 9:1 would be the ultimate RB26 for the street:) at least IMHO :iceslolan

Now if your building a race car, the engine you are building would be the way to go. Race cars of course are a different breed, so you have to approach them a little different.

Still can't wait to hear how your engine performs for you. Good Luck with it :)

Tony

Chaosr32
05-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Hi Red,

If you need info on the OS3L, mail me.

Cheers,
Chaosr32.

SkylineUSA
05-03-2004, 12:40 PM
Chaosr32,

Where are you located?

Chaosr32
05-03-2004, 02:47 PM
Hello,

My home base is Japan. I alternate between that & Singapore & Malaysia as well.

Cheers
Chaosr32.

Add your comment to this topic!