Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Obd I

DGary
04-25-2004, 11:35 AM
My 1994 LeSabre is an OBD I system with a 16 pin OBD II interface plug.
Does anyone know the pin out so I can jumper A and B to get the error code readout?

xpress60
06-01-2004, 09:49 AM
I have the exact same setup and problem on my 95 LeSabre. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket code scanner that will work with this "Hybrid" system ? it is not a true OBDI or OBDII ?

DGary
06-01-2004, 03:45 PM
I have seen a few places around that say they can scan it, for a huge fee, there is a place on the net that you can get a scanner from for 50 dollars for this system, gonna order it there but you have to build it yourself.
Since I have done electronics for 35 years, I'm gonna try it.

xpress60
06-02-2004, 10:43 AM
Good luck with that project DGary. I do a little electronics and computers myself and that sounds like fun. I found some source code for VB 6.0 that will recieve the OBDII signals through a com port and convert them back to ascii text. It was just an example though and not complete. They also said I had to purchase their signal converter. It was OBDII only though and these cars are OBDI. I talked to actron.com tech support and they say thier new scan tool model cp9145 will work with these cars. I got one but haven't tried it yet.

Add your comment to this topic!