Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Headlight problem

JayHill55
04-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Does anyone know how to adjust the height of my headlights they are shinning right in front of my bumber and out like 8 ft. and thats all, its kinda hard to see when im driving at night. at first i thought it was the bulbs but got some new silver stars and they're still to low. I looked through the manuel and it didnt say either. hoprfully its just a screw i can twist and they raise.

wheel1856
04-25-2004, 11:21 AM
Easily solved, on your headlight assembly, top back, there are 2 10mm nuts on a sliding hanger. The hanger has 3 dashes imprinted on it as adjustment points. loosen the nut, move the headlight to its desired position, tighten the nut. presto!

I suggest you grab yourself a Haynes/Helms manual, $13 at any autoparts store, they are a wonderful resource, especially for quick fixes like this one.

I might also suggest you adjust them in the evening/dusk, when you can still see what you are doing but the light from your headlights is aparent on a garage door or wall so that you can see exactly what the beam is doing.

good luck.
-wheel

JayHill55
04-25-2004, 11:40 AM
damn i just realized i put this in the wrong forum but thanks for you help

Add your comment to this topic!