Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

G35 Coupe AWD

proton17
04-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Hello everyone,

Had another delightfull appointment to my dealership today for a FREE brake change :). So I'm talking to a number one mechanic in that shop (who happens to be my friend) and get a load of this. Being a great professional and knowing what is possible and not, he offers me to convert my 2003 G35 Coupe to an All Weel Drive Option (AWD) inherited from a 2004 model G35x. My jaw drops, and I'm starting to imagine all the possible advantages that coud be achieved by creating a monster like that, but then I wake up and politely refuse to make any adjustments to me LEASED racer (damn). Further more he said that it is possible to retrofit that baby with original NISMO RTUNE package ordered directly from japan (Skyline RTune produces over 300 horses stock). So I decided to share that info with the rest of the Infiniti fans out there to see if there would be anyone crazy enough to try and actually do it. And honestly I don't see why not, since the actual reconstruction will happen in a dealership shop and under manufacturers warranty. As far as RTune is concerned, options are different there and go as far as replacing a camshaft and reprogramming ECU. Just in case anyone is interested in making any adjustment to their G's, you are welcome to contact me for further details and location of the dealership.

Sam.

AstroRide44
05-13-2004, 04:31 PM
so i can take mine in and make it an RTuned AWD and keep my warrenty? HOW MUCH!!!

nisco
05-20-2004, 02:26 AM
jus cause the dealership installs/ does the swap doesnt mean it still has its warranty... make sure its all good

b18lsvtec
06-06-2004, 09:02 AM
I would find that both to be rather difficult and nonetheless expensive. On top of that no one has attempted to take on such an objective. Good luck.

suckit3456
06-06-2004, 12:47 PM
I kno someone who had infiniti install a supercharger for him and kept it under warranty

Add your comment to this topic!