Gas pedal moves and makes clicking noise

KillerKeller_jr
04-24-2004, 12:39 PM
Hey just wondering what you guys know about this problem. After I shut my car off and romove the key from the ignition, the gas pedal starts to move up and down and also makes a clicking noise. Doesn't seem to affect the car performance wise when it is running. Please let me know your ideas. Thanks

KillerKeller_jr
04-25-2004, 06:37 PM
Doesn't anyone want to take a shot at this one? Come on guys, whats going on?

vikessuck
04-25-2004, 07:54 PM
hey I have the same problem, I have been waiting for a reply to this one.

Bill V
04-26-2004, 12:00 AM
Must be a '95...

Clean the throttle bore, make sure the floor mat isn't touching the gas pedal, re-learn the idle position.

Autobanaurora
10-06-2004, 07:50 PM
If you feel the click in the gas pedal it is the throttle cable not seated in the pully that opens the TB. The stopper will work itself loose if the cable is old or if you tamper with the TB pully. (i.e. reving engine by hand at TB under the hood.) Check cable at TB and be sure to pull it tight so the lead stopper on the cable is secure and seated. Not seated will cause the cable to wander in the pully. If the throttle feels sticky or clicks clean the TB with some gumout.

Sweet William
10-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Sounds more like the idle speed control module needs to be cleaned or replaced.

Just noticed that the original post is six months old!

primemover
12-15-2004, 09:34 PM
The PCM is re-learning the idle position. Not to worry, it will go away.

kayaman420
12-16-2004, 03:37 PM
Sounds more like the idle speed control module needs to be cleaned or replaced.

Just noticed that the original post is six months old!

That is exactly what it is. If your hearing the ratcheting and the pedal is moving the ISC motor is trying to set its self up for when you restart the car. The ISC motor is right in front of the throttle body opening. It is a little motor with a BOLT that comes out of an actuator. It presses up against an arm that moves the throttle plate open or closed.

You will know it when you see it. Look at it when comeone turns off the car and you will see it moving back and forth. It may need to be replaced , but first just try to manually extend it using an open end wrench. Sometimes the hex head bolt just needs to be extended a little. BUT when you do this do it in very small increments. If this is the problem it will go away once you reach the desired spacing.

This might make ZERO sense to you now , but when you look at the ISC motor you will understand what Im saying here.

Fallow this up with the TPS relearn procedure. Here it is.
Dont start car. Just turn to on position when doing this.

1. Turn key to ON position and turn back to OFF position.

wait 20 seconds.

2. Fallow step 1.

wait 20 seconds

3. fallow step 1.

YOUR DONE.

There is also an idle relearn procedure.

1. Get car to normal operating temp.

let car idle for 5 min.

2. REV car to over 1500 RPM. Hold for a few seconds.

let RPM get back to normal

3. Put car in D but hold brake and let it sit like this for 2 minutes.

Your done.

You can use these relearn steps whenever Your idle or throttle seems off. I have corrected many a jittery idle on my 95 doing this.

rmcilvaine
01-07-2005, 09:21 PM
I had my Aurora worked on. Now the idle is high, anout 1000 rpm. Will this proceedure fix this? Should I try the adjusting screw (bolt) on that clicky thing? Mine clicks too.

Isn't 7,500 rpm a little high?

PS. I looked in the 95 service manual. The speed is 1500-rpm.

Add your comment to this topic!