Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Best AWD sports car

Gonthrax
01-13-2002, 02:31 AM
Ok, I may soon be in the market for a new car. Money is kind of a factor in that I would like to keep it around the 20-30k mark. I am looking for a car that produces good power, responds well to turbos (or turbo upgrades), responds well to any mods for that matter, and it MUST HAVE A GOOD AWD SYSTEM. None of this locked 4wd bs like in the WRX, I want somthing with torque splitting (atleast 60/40) Also it needs to have a strong engine so that if I wanted to crank up the boost to like 10 or 11psi I wouldn't have to replace a shitload of internals.

Now this car doesn't have to be avalible here in the US, but I need to be able to get it here, and street legal for under 6-8k. To bad that rules out the skyline :mad:

Any how, let me know what you all think, hit me up with some pics, websites and such.

Oh yea, and please don't tell me to get a Rexy, they are fine and all but once agian, locked 4wd, and from what I've heard, the drivetrain is ass.

flylwsi
01-19-2002, 12:02 PM
do some more research on the wrx.

then import a skyline...
from www.motorex.net

or you could get an audi... anything with quattro... if you get an older ur quattro, you are pretty good to go for a badass car

or get an s4... the price is dropping on them... and the new one will have 300-350hp... and twin turbos...
arp down in alabama makes a tonna mods for the s4... nice stuff..

Gonthrax
01-19-2002, 04:40 PM
Hmm, good idea about the Audis with quattro, I'll have to do some looking into that.

Import a skyline from Motorex? :silly2: :p :D Unfortiniatly for me, even buying a used audi or VR-4 is going to put me in debt, I don't need to go out and spend 60k or so for an R32, it would be nice though:D

As for the Rexy, I don't dislike them, I just don't want one. I've driven one and they are a blast to drive, I just want somthing different.

Si 2 Si
01-19-2002, 04:46 PM
Prosche Carerra 4 :cool:

Gonthrax
01-19-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Si 2 Si
Prosche Carerra 4 :cool:

Heh heheh HAHA ho ho ho.....:rolleyes:

Lol sorry man, this has to be a car that I'm gonna buy and like I said before, I can't afford a Skyline sooooo I don't know what the Carrera 4 blue books for, but I'm sure it envolves toooo many zeros:D

S Brake
01-19-2002, 09:27 PM
I would seriously look into a VR4, i was driving in Sandy today and there was a VR4 behind me, then i looked back again and i couldn't see it. the dang thing was like 3 blocks ahead of me in just a matter of seconds.

if that doesn't work out then i'd try any audi or maybe an EVO????

Add your comment to this topic!