Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

can anyone help me?

xHONDAx
04-23-2004, 12:04 AM
i just got a 92 honda accord lx last week. I bought a radio and the honda radio kit and adaptor for it but to my suprise , the factory plug has been removed\cut off. i have no idea what wires go where and i am also worried about the whole airbag deal, dont want to set them off. when i look inside my console i have no cig lighter unit at all and the wires are all hanging out. i need the factory plug or a wireing diagram for the radio area so i can know what wires are for the srs and the speakers, radio, cig lighter ect. can anyone help me or point me in the right direction? i have a repair manual but it doesnt give any info about the wires at all that i can find. :sly:

skubydobdo
04-23-2004, 04:54 PM
It seems that your new honda was burglarized, which sucks. If you don't already, grab a Haynes manual. If it still seems to be a problem, take the radio and the install kit back to where you bought it and they should give you a deal on putting it in for you. Nothing sucks more than spending hours on a CD player install and having it not work 100%.

xHONDAx
04-23-2004, 10:40 PM
yea, i got the haynes manual but it doesnt show anything, but i called around afew places and i have found the oem radio plug thats supposed to be in there, so when i get it i should be able to match it right up (i hope) if not then i will just take it somewhere and let them do it. i dont know what the deal is with the car, afew things dont work like the cruise, the clock, horn, and the dome light doesnt come on with the door opening but it works if you turn it on manually. just got to figure it all out peice by peice i guess. fuses are all good, maybe when i sort through the mess things will start working again :P

aluminumpork
04-26-2004, 12:37 AM
http://www.the12volt.com, tons of info about stereo wiring diagrams

[edit]
Here I got the diagram for you...

1994 Honda Accord Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ ............................ Blue/White
Switched 12V+ ............................ Yellow/Red
Ground ....................................... Black
Illumination ................................. Red/Black
Dimmer ....................................... n/a
Antenna Trigger ........................... Yellow/White
Antenna ..................................... Left Rear
Front Speakers - 6 1/2" Doors
Left Front (+) .............................. Blue/Green
Left Front (-) .............................. Gray/Black
Right Front (+) ............................. Red/Green
Right Front (-) ............................. Brown/Black
Rear Speakers 6" x 9" - Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) ............................... Blue/Yellow
Left Rear (-) ............................... Gray/White
Right Rear (+) ............................. Red/Yellow
Right Rear (-) ............................. Brown/White

Hope I helped.

xHONDAx
04-28-2004, 06:03 PM
thanx that should help me out alot. now begins the fun of sorting them all out :)

Add your comment to this topic!