Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Daytime Running Lights

NedWreck
04-22-2004, 02:54 PM
Hi kids,

I'm new to this forum. Just traded a Toyota Matrix for this ever so devine 2003 Chevy Astro. Actually came out ahead on the deal if that can be imagined. No, really. Stop laughing, you there in the back.
Anyways, after a brief yet torrid fling with the Search engine on this forum, I coulnd't get the answers I need so I'm posting my question here.

Ahem.

Is there a way to turn the #$@&!! Daytime Running Lights off on my Astro van?

While you're working that out, help yourself to the maduro wrapped Cohiba Special Edition Pyramids and the Bowmore Scotch Whisky I've provided.

Thanks,
Ned

michelq
04-25-2004, 08:10 AM
and why you want to do that for

CD Smalley
04-25-2004, 09:35 AM
I believe that you should be able to depress the parking brake one click and only one click and turn off the DRLs.

Why would he want to do that? Because DRLs are quite irratiing to other drivers. Many of them are nothing but the birght lights. Even during the brightest sunlight I find some of them blinding.

NedWreck
04-25-2004, 03:33 PM
I believe that you should be able to depress the parking brake one click and only one click and turn off the DRLs.

Why would he want to do that? Because DRLs are quite irratiing to other drivers. Many of them are nothing but the birght lights. Even during the brightest sunlight I find some of them blinding.

That won't work with my 2003 Astro.

DRL also remove a level of visiblity enjoyed by motorcycles. If ALL vehicles have DRL then motorbikes become less visible.

Also, michelq, if I want to turn my headlights off, I oughta be able to turn my headlights off. Shouldn't that be enough of a reason?

Ned

TheFixerDude
05-01-2004, 08:02 AM
On my 2000 Astro there is a button by the headlight knob and dashlight dimmer/interior light knob. You push this multiple times to determine if your DRLs are on and how your interior lights come on when you open the door.

This works on my 2000 Astro. I hope it hlps on yours.

Chuck

That won't work with my 2003 Astro.

DRL also remove a level of visiblity enjoyed by motorcycles. If ALL vehicles have DRL then motorbikes become less visible.

Also, michelq, if I want to turn my headlights off, I oughta be able to turn my headlights off. Shouldn't that be enough of a reason?

Ned

Add your comment to this topic!