For Sale 98 Red S10 SS

letabasket
04-22-2004, 12:36 PM
I have a 1998 Red S10 SS for sale near Columbus, OH. Has one year old tires and battery, new front brakes, complete new DynaMax Cat-back exhaust system, new serpentine belt, new tonneau cover, new u-joints. Has sliding rear window. Truck has always had bed mat in bed, so not exposed to elements, etc. Two sets of euro tail lights along with original tail lights. Amber parking and turn signal lights have been changed to clear. 4.3 liter HO vortec V-6; charcoal cloth interior, AM-FM Cassette radio, AC, power windows, power locks, automatic, approx. 108,000 miles. One owner. Asking $7000

lowered12
04-25-2004, 01:24 AM
what the fuck is a s10 ss

bigblackone
04-25-2004, 01:41 AM

Amodel of S10 that was sold from 1994 to 1998

mainly characterized by the 4.3 l engine as part of the package
I believe one of the codes necessary that distinguisehes it is the B4U code ...

BTW I am more familiar with the 94 as I have one of those ...

letabasket
04-25-2004, 12:09 PM

In addition to being "vulgar", you obviously don't know the first thing about Chevy S10's and certainly not the S10 SS or you would know it is the best of the S10's.

B4U suspension which featured enhanced sway control, special alloy wheels and wider tires and resulted in a lowered appearance to the truck compared to standard S10's. As previously mentioned, the 4.3 l HO vortec V-6 engine, gave it enough power to rip thru Neon's like your's for snack food.

Most SS's were delivered without rear bumpers and had a rollpan instead and a monochrome paint job.

Feel free to e-mail or post if you need an additional lesson in S10 SS models.

lowered12
04-25-2004, 10:13 PM
for your information i own two of the rarest s10s in the world ,
1997 chevy s10 stepside cab and a half color baby blue (only 7 were made in that color) and a chevy cyclone in restoration.an ss is basicly like a extreme fake ass mini trucks with owners who dont have the knowlege to modify there own truck or want to put the wrench time in .

as for the neon it my brother in laws and it is going up against hahns turbo neon this fall at englishtown race way parks import nationals for the worlds quickest street neon neon this year it ran an 11.04et at 129.4mph last year with an automatic.swapping to manual to get more torque at bottom end. just to let you know the world record is 10.55 at 140 mph.

bigblackone
04-25-2004, 10:30 PM
1997 chevy s10 stepside cab and a half color baby blue (only 7 were made in that color) and a chevy cyclone in restoration.an ss is basicly like a extreme fake ass mini trucks with owners who dont have the knowlege to modify there own truck or want to put the wrench time in .

as for the neon it my brother in laws and it is going up against hahns turbo neon this fall at englishtown race way parks import nationals for the worlds quickest street neon neon this year it ran an 11.04et at 129.4mph last year with an automatic.swapping to manual to get more torque at bottom end. just to let you know the world record is 10.55 at 140 mph.

ok little kid ... I think if you had a Syclone, you would know how to spell it ... and if you seem to know so much about rarity in chevrolet combinations, I would think you would maybe have heard of the SS before ...

BTW I do put some time in my SS and I do put some time in my VR6 and I do put some time in with my GF, my son , and a host of other interests I have.
And why would you say Extremes are fake trucks? A truck is a truck is a truck ... people choose ( or choose not to) mod their vehicles as they see fit - I wouldn't think any of them are fake. And please don't name drop about someone you know who has the fastest/coolest/rarest something. I'm sure most people can name someone who has something just as cool.

lowered12
04-25-2004, 10:48 PM
it not that i never heard of an ss i wanted to know the options of a ss, an ss is a unicorn a truck that you hear about but never see.syclone cyclone same difference you pissed me off so i was typing fast and not caring about spelling to much. i asked a simple question and you jumped down my throat

bigblackone
04-26-2004, 07:32 AM
I don't think I was the one who pissed you off ... and you were the one who started swearing ... that usually gets people in a bad mood about you right away. I gave you a simple answer.

In the future it's easier to get information by asking in a nice manner.

The options I had on my SS were the 1) SS package - mainly badging and blackout grille 2)slightly stiffer suspension (since replaced by yours truly) - 3)power group ... windows/locks/mirrors ... rear step bumper ... 4)bucket seats ...

Also with the SS package in 94 the 4.3 was a CPI that slightly higher output ... 195 as opposed to 160 or something for the standard 4.3 TBI. I think if you got a 4wd you got the 195 CPI as well.

lowered12
04-29-2004, 09:29 PM
thanks sorry bout the vulgar . i hate when people go to car show and have a stock extreme with rims on it. i put about 4 years of work in my truck and in the process of building a custom bag kit , why you getting rid of the s10 i would never get rid of my truck if my life depended on it

letabasket
04-30-2004, 11:01 AM
thanks sorry bout the vulgar . i hate when people go to car show and have a stock extreme with rims on it. i put about 4 years of work in my truck and in the process of building a custom bag kit , why you getting rid of the s10 i would never get rid of my truck if my life depended on it

My son bought the car brand new from a dealer in Columbus, OH. The dealer had to go to southern KY to get this one! Now my 22 year old son is just finishing Air Force basic training and will not be driving for at least a year or two, as he is preparing to enter pararesuce training school in the next few weeks.

While we hate to part this the truck, especially since it is in such great shape and we've replaced alot of things to make it "new", as a matter of fact, the truck has had a bed mat in it since early on and the inside of the bed is beautiful! We currently have 5 vehicles at our house for 3 drivers and this being the vehicle with the most miles, we have decided to let it go. I haven't advertised it anywhere except a couple of S10 boards and no where else, but I guess it's time to get aggressive! I have pics if you want to see them; I just can never get them to load here!

Hoping to sell, but more important to find a "good home" for the vehicle with someone who appreciates it's rarity these days!

studballs
04-30-2004, 06:31 PM
1997 chevy s10 stepside cab and a half color baby blue (only 7 were made in that color) and a chevy cyclone in restoration.an ss is

you own a Chevy Syclone??? yeah that is one hell of a rare truck you got there...too bad its made by GMC

lowered12
04-30-2004, 09:34 PM
you own a Chevy Syclone??? yeah that is one hell of a rare truck you got there...too bad its made by GMC

GMC/CHEVY SAME DIFFERENCE , GMC MOTOR AND FRAME EVERYTHING ELSE IS FROM AN 89 S10 PICK I HAD IN ALMOST MINT CONDITION THATS WHY IT IS IN RESTORATION AND NOW IT IS A CHEVY SYCLONE NOT A GMC AT LEAST THAT IS WHAT EVERYTHING ON THE TRUCK SAYS SO DONT GO TALKING UNLESS YOU ASK

hakogen
05-01-2004, 04:41 PM
i wanna name drop! my parents friends have a diablo... as in 'the bull' its a 2000 Lamborghini Diablo, and it will go 200 m/hr without thinking...

Originally Posted by Bigblackone
"And please don't name drop about someone you know who has the fastest/coolest/rarest something. I'm sure most people can name someone who has something just as cool."

I agree...

lowered12
05-01-2004, 11:30 PM
i wanna name drop! my parents friends have a diablo... as in 'the bull' its a 2000 Lamborghini Diablo, and it will go 200 m/hr without thinking...

Originally Posted by Bigblackone
"And please don't name drop about someone you know who has the fastest/coolest/rarest something. I'm sure most people can name someone who has something just as cool."

I agree...

we aint talking lamborghini wur talking chevy s10s if we wanted to talk lamborghinis wed be in that forum

bigblackone
05-02-2004, 12:36 AM
we aint talking lamborghini wur talking chevy s10s if we wanted to talk lamborghinis wed be in that forum

ok noone believes any of your crap ... and why did you quote me??? ... is it because your forum skillz are about par with your vehicle skillz?

roper2000
05-09-2004, 06:30 PM
i have an idea, let's all stop acting like children. this is an automotive forum, and as such, everyone in here should be old enough not to act like little kids, right? there is no need to argue about these things, because it really doesnt' matter that much who is right or wrong. we are in here to help each other, not to fight

uca_huskergoob
01-13-2006, 02:03 AM
hello everyone

uca_huskergoob
01-13-2006, 02:05 AM
i didnt know that the ss is so talked about i have a 1994 ss and im finding more about this truck than i ever knew

dmbrisket 51
01-13-2006, 03:21 AM
theads a year and a half old man, i dont think any of the posters are members here anymore, check the dates b4 posting pleas, welcome to AF, and on a side note i think the ss quit in 97, the 4.3 cpi was in all blazers and those requested in the s 10, did not make it an ss, a well tuned scfi will stomp a cpi, even though the horse power is 10 less or so, the responce is much quicker

Add your comment to this topic!