Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Replacement light in dashboard

surfinthenet
04-22-2004, 07:52 AM
Hi -

I have no lights on my dashboard (went out all of a sudden). Is there a replacement bulb that can be changed or am I just wishing for an easy fix? TIA for any help!

RobertHammen
04-22-2004, 08:01 AM
Did you check for a bad fuse? Perhaps the rotary dial switch. Anything else go wrong/any other bulbs out?

dmorlow
04-30-2004, 09:03 PM
If every light is out on the dashboard, then it isn't a bulb. It would be WAYYYYY to much of a quincidence that every bulb went out at the same exact time. There should be a fuse dedicated for the dash board. I would bet on that. There are a ton of fuses in the driverside door on the side of the dash board and underneith the back seat. I would start there.

dmorlow
04-30-2004, 09:04 PM
But now you mention the rotary switch, you didn't just bump the dial that adjusts the lights on the dash all the way to the lowest setting possible, did you? That would do it too!! Just roll it back up.

RoraStar96
04-30-2004, 09:17 PM
LOL..good call!

Sometimes that happens! check that out first!

dmorlow
04-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Actually automotive repairs are not my specialty. I am more of a computer tech. And one thing we are taught in school is never overlook the obvious. You can spend a lot of time trying to get fancy and just dive into it and quite a bit of the time it ends up being something that was a 2 second fix (or if my second hunch is correct) or not a fix at all. Just might have a setting wrong.
For instance with computers, if someone calls because they can't get a picture on the monitor, the first thing you ask, "Did you turn it on? Did you plug it in?" And then you make sure they follow the wire and make double sure it is plugged in the wall. Probably 7 out of 10 times it ends up being something to do with user error (in polite terms).

chikita
05-26-2004, 09:03 PM
I had the "strange problem" and fixed it with Thumpin 455's very well done instructions, which worked beautifully for several days but now my chime is back on when I park and turn off the engine. It shuts off when the door is closed and I have no dash lights. I suspect a fuse but have not yet found out which fuse to check, none are labeled "dash".

chikita
05-26-2004, 09:11 PM
80% of computer support calls are user error, 5% enviromental, 5% hardware and 10% software. My favorite question is, did you reboot it?

Add your comment to this topic!