Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Chime problem

caesar49
04-21-2004, 11:46 AM
I have a 93 Regal Custom on which some work was recently performed. The steering column had to be removed to perform a part of the service. Since this time the chime unit does not sound, such as when you leave the lights on, key in ignition, turn signal on to long, etc. The automatic door lock when you put the car in gear does not work either. Can anyone help me locate where this unit is located and how i might troubleshoot this problem. Thanks

Hypsi87
05-01-2004, 02:37 PM
hmm, I usually try to deativate that stupid chime thing. I don't like them at all

caesar49
05-20-2004, 03:30 PM
Can anyone tell me where the chime module is located on a 93 Regal Custom

MrCrawdad
06-15-2007, 04:58 PM
The Chime is a large white plastic relay that is located above the hazard relay underneath the glove-compartment.There is an additional 4 wire connector stemming from the relay. This is your auto power-lock.

BNaylor
06-15-2007, 07:20 PM
The Chime is a large white plastic relay that is located above the hazard relay underneath the glove-compartment.There is an additional 4 wire connector stemming from the relay. This is your auto power-lock.

MrCrawdad,

Thanks for your input, however, please check the date and do not resurrect old threads. Thread closed.

POSTING IN CLOSED OR OUTDATED THREADS:
If a thread has been closed, there is probably a logical reason for it. If you feel that the reason(s) for closure of the original thread are unjustified or wish further clarification feel free to contact any member of the moderating team. However, do not start a new thread about another closed thread.

Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards. If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.

Add your comment to this topic!