Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

weather........

supaman89
04-20-2004, 06:31 PM
should i paint inside or outside and if i paint outside what weather should i look for cuz ive done a few outside and i got bubbles (was in summer) and if i paint inside how would i go bout not havin 2 open windows and stuff

gasman03
04-20-2004, 06:37 PM
actually, its better to paint outside when its really warm. the warm air helps the paint dry faster and smoother.

was there any moisture in the air. and I don't mean high humidity. (I've never has any problems painting in high humidity). was it raining. or foggy. but in your case it sounds like you spraying in too heavy of coats, try mist coats and heavy coats, the best way of painting is in the FAQ.

supaman89
04-20-2004, 06:47 PM
thankx man
what bout paintin inside (i know its bad fo ya but still) does anybody know how 2 make a..........spray booth?

youngdrifter_x
04-20-2004, 07:19 PM
shoot i use to paint inside for a while..tillI got in trouble for spraying on the sink and stuff. I used to paint in the bathrooms. ALl I did was turn on the fan it would go away. be careful alot of dust and stuff

supaman89
04-20-2004, 08:35 PM
well if i do that my aunt will kill me lol so i gotta do it in my room so anybody know how 2 make a closeable spray booth?

86_SR5
04-20-2004, 09:07 PM
Basically...A large shoebox will do.

supaman89
04-20-2004, 09:10 PM
lol thankx i think ill go buy new shoes now..........

Mustangman25
04-20-2004, 09:43 PM
I've always painted outside and never had any real troubles with humidty, or temperatures (as long as they're above freezing...then it just isn't fun to go outside. Basically, I have a big brushless fan (less chance of big boom) and a plastic box to prevent dust. I just paint with the fan on outside, then cover the model with the box.

sugarfree
04-21-2004, 12:11 AM
i always (spray) painting in my garage (with or without cars !!). after i finish, i just open the small window a bit, for air circulation. it wouldnt be nice if u come in 1hour later n still smell that strong paint fumes around, also to avoid the fumes to get inside the house.
i also making my own hot box to dry my model. a box that big enough to fit my model and its stand with a study lamp to heat it up. just like heating up chicken's eggs. :)
good luck dude.

TanKaBoY
04-21-2004, 03:19 AM
lol i will buy new shoes, literally. and no, not for a spray booth but because i need them lol
adidas superstars w/ metallic strips
and
school shoes/ windsor's

RallyRaider
04-21-2004, 04:54 AM
Basically...A large shoebox will do.

You must have some big feet! :lol:

I always paint outdoors when using rattle cans. The amount of paint and vapour they put out is just too much for inside. Also you generally get less dust outside.
If you are going to spray inside get hold of a good spray painting respirator, Acrylics aren't too bad but the rest are not good your lungs, especially lacquers and urethanes.
As for the weather I find the rain not work too well . Any warm, not too windy day is fine. I also paint in the shade rather than direct sun, makes it easier to see the paint on the surface of the model.

86_SR5
04-21-2004, 04:35 PM
Rally Raider...you know what they say about a guy with big feet

Disagree with me and I'll show you my size twelve!! I do my painting the same as you, then after the last coat, I stick it in my old black microwave (cord has been cut, and crap taken out so it wont come on, and its lighter now!)

supermod04
04-21-2004, 04:59 PM
i have mostly painted inside. i just put newspaper on the bench becuase it is dirty and air brush and dirt dont mix. then i spray.

easy spray booth! take some clear plastic tarp....then take some 2x2s and make a square frame. now you can make a small one or a large one that you walk into ect. then cover it with the clear tarp. now if you dont have 2x2s and stuff you can sheet it over a bunch of junk and hold it with bricks or nails!

RallyRaider
04-21-2004, 05:34 PM
Rally Raider...you know what they say about a guy with big feet
Disagree with me and I'll show you my size twelve!!

I agree, I agree, now put it away! :lol:

supaman89
04-21-2004, 08:15 PM
problem is i live in an aparment i dont have bunches of room 2 work with and i dont have anywhere but outside and my room 2 paint and i dont trust outside 2 much but thankx anyways and you have a small foot 86_sr5 i wear 14's lol my models always fit in tha box

86_SR5
04-21-2004, 08:21 PM
At least I dont have to wear clown shoes to the office! j/k

Add your comment to this topic!