Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

90 Integra LS CV Axles

npatterson1
04-20-2004, 05:08 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for someone in the Indianapolis area, with experience, who can install two CV Axles at a reasonable price. From what I have read from other posters, it only takes about an hour per side if you have done it before. I'm sure I could do it myself, but I don't have all the tools I need.

Thanks,

npatterson1

IntegraB16
04-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Who ever said it was an hour per side was fooling you man. I can do both sides in a hour. I know you don't have the right tools like you said. But i think you could probably buy the tools and do it yourself and still be ahead money wise. It's easier than you think. when I do it I only need like 3 different sockets and a jack. If you wanna know how i do it will tell you later.

tran_nsx
04-20-2004, 05:48 PM
if u don't have the right tools, u'll either be there for hours or you won't be able to do it at all.

IntegraB16
04-20-2004, 06:30 PM
True, But what I'm saying is buy the tools and still be money ahead. Then you can do it over and over again and save hundreds of dollars in the long run.

npatterson1
04-21-2004, 03:57 PM
IntegraB16,

Thanks, if it is really as easy as you say then I would appreciate instructions.

IntegraB16
04-21-2004, 07:04 PM
The way I do it goes a little something like this. Jack the car up, remove the Wheel, remove the HUGE nut that holds the axle in the middle of the spindle, unbolt the upper A arm from under the hood (2 nuts) then push end of the axle out of the spindle and pull the upper A arm down from where it was bolted to. Then try to swing the whole spindle out of the way. It takes a little twisting of the end of the CV axle but once you get the end of the axle out of the middle of the spindle you can then pop the other end of the axle out of the tranny then pull the whole thing out. IT CAN BE DONE. Thats how I do it. The other way would involve having to pry stuff apart. You see the bolts at the top and bottom of the spindle are tapered along with the steering arm bolt (or ball joints). They are a bitch to get apart. Doing it this way is a lot easier and you don't have to even mess with thoes.
Let me know how it goes (if you try it) or if you need some help.

npatterson1
04-21-2004, 07:35 PM
Thanks IntegraB16, that sounds a lot easier than the methods I have read from other posters. I'm still waiting for my axles to arrive, but I will let you know how it goes. Would it be okay if I email you directly for any questions I might have?

npatteron1

IntegraB16
04-22-2004, 10:46 AM
Yeah thats cool.

90gs
04-22-2004, 03:38 PM
pfft.. i did driver side in 7 minutes and passenger in 5. driver just took longer cuz it took a bit to separate the LBJ.

changed both LBJ's in about 13 minutes too :D

90gs is fast! :D

IntegraB16
04-22-2004, 06:21 PM
That is pretty fast. I hate seperating the ball joints. Is there a trick to it or what? Thats why i never do it.

Add your comment to this topic!