Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

why loose ac?

DeleriousZ
04-19-2004, 07:00 PM
i know this is kind of a bad question but i've been wondering for a while... with a 'full race' type turbo manifold and 3" downpipe... why do you loose a/c? (i don't have a/c on my car so i don't really know what it all looks like) all i could think of that would be in the way would be the fan... or is there some sort of a/c compressor that's there too?:eek7:

quick95civic
04-19-2004, 11:06 PM
on front wheel drive hondas the A/C compressor bolts right to the lower front engine mount and takes up alot of room. Most turbo kits place the turbo and down pipe too low or too close to the drivers side of the car causing clearance issues with the compressor. Also on some the A/C condensor fans would cause a clearance issue with the turbo itself because there is plenty of room between the engine and the fan for a header but a turbo takes up a little more room.

DeleriousZ
04-20-2004, 04:27 PM
yeah i thought so.. just had to be sure of it

tran_nsx
04-20-2004, 04:39 PM
just want to say that there are kits now that still do allow a/c.

DeleriousZ
04-20-2004, 04:48 PM
yeah i kno... but i don't have a/c to start with.. so i'm not too worried about keeping it:p

GWInquisitor14
04-24-2004, 12:35 AM
Do any of the lines run in the way, cuz those could easily be re-routed, w/ some welding, dont u think?

Tranzlogic
04-26-2004, 01:22 PM
Lines wouldnt get in the way..honda is pretty good about running all lines along main body panels ie: shock towers-reinforcements and crossbars..this keeps them out of the way for pretty much anything

edman24
04-26-2004, 02:44 PM
Do any of the lines run in the way, cuz those could easily be re-routed, w/ some welding, dont u think?

true but the lines arent the problem. its the bracket and compressor themselves that are in the way. but as stated already, they now have an a/c compatible kit

GWInquisitor14
04-26-2004, 03:57 PM
Anyone know a link to that kit or where i can find it?

edman24
04-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Anyone know a link to that kit or where i can find it?

www.full-race.com

GWInquisitor14
04-26-2004, 04:49 PM
ive been there before, i was looking for something alil bit more afordable, maybe under $500

DeleriousZ
04-26-2004, 05:22 PM
i think most of the rev hard mani's let u keep a/c.. i think the DRAG one might too... don't quote me on it tho

GWInquisitor14
04-26-2004, 10:25 PM
ya but i want a 321 stainless w/ tig welds. I was gonna have my friend do it and i still might but the merge collector i want, just the merge collector, is $350. W/o flange. So thats gonna be a bitch. Im think its gonna cost another $200 for the piping and main gasket piece, w/e its called

edman24
04-26-2004, 10:29 PM
i think most of the rev hard mani's let u keep a/c.. i think the DRAG one might too... don't quote me on it tho

yah in my opinion those manis are crap too. i dont want to hear people telling me they make good power and show me dyno sheets. a real mainfold is tubular not cast. those cast pieces of cr*p cant withstand the kind of boost id be running :) and they dont flow nearly as well

Tranzlogic
04-27-2004, 12:42 PM
The DRAG manifolds dont let you keep a/c on the b series, they are positioned so that it looks possable..but theres no turbo that can fit there and still hold the compressor.
And as to state my opinion i think the DRAG and REV manifolds are hella qulaity and i have no probloms aginst them.

tran_nsx
04-27-2004, 04:30 PM
The DRAG manifolds dont let you keep a/c on the b series, they are positioned so that it looks possable..but theres no turbo that can fit there and still hold the compressor.
And as to state my opinion i think the DRAG and REV manifolds are hella qulaity and i have no probloms aginst them.

i beg to differ, check up on the fmax (turbonetics) kits, they not only utilized t3/t4 and still allowing u to have a/c, but they also implement a better manifold made out of high carbon cast steel instead of the cast iron from rev hard and drag.

http://www.turboneticsinc.com/tsystems.html

hey i just read your post again and i have made a mistake in the interpretation of your quote. i thought u meant that there is no turbo that can fit in a b series motor still possesing an a/c, but after reading it again i see that u meant that there is no turbo that can fit on the drag manifolds which allows the a/c. anyways, that was my bad and i do apologize.

still, the fmax kit offer a better manifold when compared to the other brands.

Add your comment to this topic!