Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Explorer

NewGuy93
04-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Hey guys,

I have another question about an explorer issue, this time it's a 1994 XLT.

Whenever you apply the brakes everything seems fine unless you're coming to a complete stop. When you slow down to about 5-10mph and slower the brake pedal kind of pushes back against you and makes a funky motor noise. My ABS light hasn't come on, and my fluid is at the right level.

I once had the front right brake sticking badly, in fact I noticed a little smoke coming from it when I stopped at a light and you could smell it, so I pulled over and when I eventually got home, took the wheel off and sprayed brake clean all around in there and it seemed to fix the sticking.

Does anybody have any idea what this could be? The brakes haven't ever locked up on me, and it doesnt seem to effect slowing down, but it's an annoyance and I don't want the brakes to end up locking up, in case this is a serious issue.It only seems to happen when you're coming to a complete stop around 5-10mph and slower. Please help me!

homie774899
06-28-2004, 09:41 PM
i have a 94 also and had the same problem when i would go off roading and break while the ride was bumpy then it would puch back then i could feel the vibration. i ignored it i dont know why i just never really acknowledged it until now at this moment. i took it to get the brakes done i noticed that it just went away and it never happened again.
rick

nitenrustinarmor
07-19-2004, 01:52 AM
have had my breaks stick to the point my rotors(disc) has gotten RED hot I was in ocean city MD and I live in NY so with little to no choice i kept on driving it like that till i got back to brooklyn brought it in it had gotten so hot that the tires were getting over inflated from the heat had to replace both calipers cause they melted the piston which caused the sticking

Add your comment to this topic!