Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

All motor mods?

kappaitalia107
04-18-2004, 07:34 PM
I have a 94 Acura integra LS with a tsudo cat back exhaust, and I will have $3-$4K after working this summer, what performance mods can i do to the car and keep this car reliable for college? I heard that turbos only last like 40K miles, thats why i want to keep it all motor.

boosted k20
04-18-2004, 08:14 PM
wassup. i got an LS too, a 97, with the TSUDO N1 style catback. i love it sounds so meaaaan!. I think u should go with the basic bolt on's: cold air intake (dont get some cheap shit. get AEM), DC sports 4-1 headers, good set of tires and rims(if u wanna keep ur car fast then get some 15" rims. dont get any bigger. get bigger only if u want more style), lower that bitch with some springs and struts! dont get coilovers they give a horrible ride.

If u dont want to go turbo then i really think u should invest in a LS/VTEC swap. get somebody who knows what they're doing to put on a VTEC head on ur car. These mods should be good for $3000.

MexSiR
04-18-2004, 08:15 PM
A turbo that is well installed and tunes can last you very long and be very reliable. As long as your not abusing the motor, that is too much preassure on the engine from the turbo. So no, dont believe that shit, a supercharger or turbo well installed (quality parts) can last very long and will always be the fastest.

tsugsr
04-18-2004, 10:07 PM
obviously boostedK20 has no idea what he is talking about....how can you have a boosted car with a cold air intake and a header??? Dont take his advice he is nothing but a wanna be rice burner....in fact i think just a few weeks ago he was in the boosted room asking all these questions a newb would ask.

tran_nsx
04-18-2004, 10:09 PM
A turbo that is well installed and tunes can last you very long and be very reliable. As long as your not abusing the motor, that is too much preassure on the engine from the turbo. So no, dont believe that shit, a supercharger or turbo well installed (quality parts) can last very long and will always be the fastest.

:werd: a brand new turbo installed and tuned right can last 100k miles, after this it's reccomended to replace or rebuild the turbo.

I have a 94 Acura integra LS with a tsudo cat back exhaust, and I will have $3-$4K after working this summer, what performance mods can i do to the car and keep this car reliable for college? I heard that turbos only last like 40K miles, thats why i want to keep it all motor.

anyways u should look into to get a kit for your ls, it's less expensive than all motor. if u still want to go n/a, we got some guys here that could help u out.

kappaitalia107
04-19-2004, 05:00 PM
This is my car http://www.cardomain.com/id/srigga07

So what what would be the best way to go about using $3-$4K, and keeping it reliable with decent gas mileage, ect., and getting the most performance out of it?

whtteg
04-19-2004, 05:23 PM
Well turbo will always be the fatest way to get alot of extra hp. But if you really want an N/A motor then what you need to do is plan, plan, plan. When you buy one particular part it will require another particular part etc. The basic things you can do are: Intake, header, basic tuneup. Then if you want more you can start building the motor. A nice setup that will net you in the 160-170whp range is a set of Crower cams 62404, mild port job on the head and around 10.5-11.1 dynamic compression ratio.

BTW is your car auto or manual?

kappaitalia107
04-19-2004, 07:00 PM
My car is a manual

tran_nsx
04-19-2004, 07:04 PM
hey kappaitalia and whtteg check your private messages.

boosted k20
04-19-2004, 08:32 PM
WTF r u talk n about TSUGSR????? when the hell did i say that those mods like the cold air intake and headers go with a TURBO charged car???? u need to get yo ass back to school and learn how to read!!!!! What i was try n to tell the kid was that if he doesnt want to go the turbo route then he should look into an LS/VTEC conversion. It will make some serious power.

so back to the topic now, if u do go the VTEC route u should do what whtteg said get some cams for it. it should be a pretty quick setup!

tsugsr
04-19-2004, 10:38 PM
i wasnt refering to what you told him...I was refering to your screen name and your list of mods....your name is Boosted K20 yet you have mods that dont support a turbocharged engine.....and why do you have a turbo timer if you dont have a turbo??

boosted k20
04-19-2004, 10:56 PM
TSUGSR, its just a screen name!!!!!!! i just really like the rsx and im plan n on get n one soon and will turbocharge it! you dont gotta read into everything i write man.
u must have nothing better to do than get on peoples nerves.
You shouldnt hate on people that can buy parts for their cars instead of have n it BONE STOCK like "some" people. just cuz others have money doesnt mean u gotta hate on them. So what if i have a turbo timer on a non-turbocharged car. whats the big deal? u need to relax a lil bit

MexSiR
04-19-2004, 11:18 PM
I say 100K miles is very long.

tran_nsx
04-20-2004, 12:03 AM
i think both of u guys should just kiss and make up.

j/k. well only kidding about the kissing part though

hey u guys just noticed the green thing and the reputation points under how much we have had posted? wonder why they came back again? it was kinda cool when i first saw and used it a while back, but then it just disapeared. now its back again?

kappaitalia107
04-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Well turbo will always be the fatest way to get alot of extra hp. But if you really want an N/A motor then what you need to do is plan, plan, plan. When you buy one particular part it will require another particular part etc. The basic things you can do are: Intake, header, basic tuneup. Then if you want more you can start building the motor. A nice setup that will net you in the 160-170whp range is a set of Crower cams 62404, mild port job on the head and around 10.5-11.1 dynamic compression ratio.

BTW is your car auto or manual?
I'm still unsure of what exactly to do yet, but wondering getting intake, headers, and cam gears? is this the way to go for now?

whtteg
04-20-2004, 09:34 PM
I'm still unsure of what exactly to do yet, but wondering getting intake, headers, and cam gears? is this the way to go for now?

Cam gears will do very very very little for you unless you have a set of aftermarket cams.

whtteg
04-20-2004, 09:35 PM
hey kappaitalia and whtteg check your private messages.

I don't have any from you. Was I supose to? Send it again if so, b/c it did not come through.

kappaitalia107
04-21-2004, 07:56 PM
Cam gears will do very very very little for you unless you have a set of aftermarket cams.
What cam gears do you recommend?

95TegSE
04-22-2004, 12:19 AM
Like Whtteg said, cam gears will help you very little, if any, if you have stock cams. Before you look into cam gears, spend that money on something you an reap the benefits of, or aftermarket cams. With stock cams, adjusting your timing will not affect your car much because the cams are set up to perform to their best ability with the stock profiles. If you want real power, buy cams and cam gears. What cams should you buy? It depends on the setup you want to have. If you want a daily driver, I'd suggest something with not too high of a lift or duration because that'll cause a rough idle. Look into stage one or stage two, street/strip cams.

Add your comment to this topic!