Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Aftermarket speaker swap problem

paully
04-18-2004, 11:22 AM
I swaped out my stock stereo, and all speakers except the the front tweeters, so six were changed in all. The head unit, front door speakers and rear ceiling speakers all work fine. The back door, or middle speakers, do not play at all. I was under the assumption that they would be powered along with the rear speakers form the head unit. Everything is hooked up properly, or at least I think it is. Everyting plays and fades properly with exception of the middle speakers. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank,

Paul

Phil78250
04-19-2004, 01:29 AM
I swaped out my stock stereo, and all speakers except the the front tweeters, so six were changed in all. The head unit, front door speakers and rear ceiling speakers all work fine. The back door, or middle speakers, do not play at all. I was under the assumption that they would be powered along with the rear speakers form the head unit. Everything is hooked up properly, or at least I think it is. Everyting plays and fades properly with exception of the middle speakers. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank,

Paul
I had this problem too and found out how to make it work last week. When wiring it use the remote/amp turn on wire to the power antenna wire. The middle speakers use a different amp and this is what turns that amp on.

Add your comment to this topic!