Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

RSX Type S VS '01 Prelulde Base and SH

hutchman
04-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Comparison: RSX Type S VS '01 Prelude Base and Type SH

I can't believe nobody has posted this comparison yet!

I do not have either car but I have heard that the Type S with iVTEC has a broader power band but I also know that the Prelude VTEC has more of a peaked power band which may not be the best for overall speed but is more fun to drive due to the sharper "boost" when the VTEC opens up. Also, I've heard that there are problems with the ATTC in the Prelude Type SH. My overall feeling is that the base Prelude may be the best buy for driving enjoyment. Opinions please.

MexSiR
04-17-2004, 12:53 PM
As in acceleration the RSX-S will beat the Prelude Sh not to mention the base prelude. While the 200 hp prelude does the 1/4 mile in 15.3 the RSX zips in 14.9. Yes the prelude has more torque due to the .2 liter advantage but it also weighs alot more so it does not help.

kkiepvvessau
05-09-2004, 08:27 AM
SH is not the top of Lude . drag race RSX might win SH but if ralley/crap road no chance for RSX. SIR vtec Lude drag should kill RSX S , and Type S lude hmmmm

del
05-09-2004, 12:17 PM
well, if the ATTS is functioning properly, the prelude SH can be a blast to drive, particularly on mountain runs, off ramps, that sort of stuff. the only mention of drag racing i'll make is that none of these cars are designed for drag racing. all cars handle very well, the base prelude would be better to mod than the SH, the RSX i hear responds very well to engine mods compared to other hondas. i may be biased, but i would get a 5th gen prelude over the RSX in spite of it being a slower car.

SiGNAL748
05-09-2004, 01:07 PM
In a straight line, the RSX Type-S will beat both the Prelude Base and Type SH.

A better comparison would be between an RSX Type-S and a Prelude Type-S and/or SiR.

Add your comment to this topic!