Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

NISMO INTAKE /knock sensor relocation on 04 specV

MediaXcomm
04-16-2004, 12:58 AM
Okay so after much research and even more deliberation I deceided to go with the Nismo Cold Air Intake. And the results....drum roll please
......well 1st off let me tell you the good then ill give you the bad
The GOOD:
1-wicked sound not a cheesey ricer soun either i mean "what a growl!"
2-no more expensive than the others;contrary to popular telling
(and its NISSAN)
3-Real nice horsepower gain -havent dynoed it yet but ass dyno tells
me so
4-super easy installation
and good looking if your into that sorta thing
(Black with NISMO plate logo on the tunnel(2nd gen)

OKAY now for the B::A:: D

1-bypass filter that comes with it is supposed to fit on the stock Mass Air Unit-IT doesnt! its a tad too small so be careful when sliding it on... ..broke mine in a hurry :eek7:
use some tranny fluid or oil and just slide it on enough for the hose clamp to do the rest
2-check engine light wont clear not sure if this is due to the intake or the relocation of the knock sensor (ill let you know)
3- your going to have to widen the hole a bit next to the battery tray to get the (tunnel or tubing) through
my buddy used a grinding wheel(like a dremel) and a marker and it took about 3 minutes...

Where the tunner or tube goes though the fender you should rap it with an old bike tiretube or spray it w/ GREATSTUFF to prevent it from banging
4- it's R-TUNE. That's right people the good ol folks at Nissan consider this great bolt-on a warranty Voider --You've been warned

over all i give it a 4 outta 5 ..
questions comments??? lemme know ...

johnnyd19
12-16-2004, 10:45 AM
I just bought a Nismo for my '00 Sentra SE and it didn't come w/
instructions. (E-BAY item)
How did you install yours?

collegejoe101
12-17-2004, 11:38 PM
I just got an 05 spec-v, and the dealership gave me the nismo intake for free w/ install. It is covered by the warranty, cause they put it in. parts will only void your warranty if they can attribute them to any damage the car suffers. i.e. sucking water up into your engine and locking it up and snapping a rod. Like my friend did in his riced out honda. You won't have to worry about that though, since the nismo cai has a bypass valve.

Add your comment to this topic!