Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Suspension Differences LS/RS/GSR

Zanark
04-15-2004, 09:54 PM
yeah I was just wondering if there are any significant differences between the stock suspensions of a GSR/LS/ and RS 94+. Also do all of these come with Disk Brakes all around? The reason Im asking this is because it seems its easier to find a RS or a LS to finance then a GSR plus cheaper insurance rates. I honesty wanted to leave the engine NA but if I went the LS/RS route I guess I would have to use a Turbo Charger to get siginifcant power. My complete goal would be 250hp to the wheels. So My other question is hows the best way to get this the NA route? Is it better to just stick with a GSR engine and work on the internals? Or is it pointless to try to do that NA when you can just turbo charge?......... Also sorry if my questions are cluttered Im pretty tired lol.

ZackKVtec
04-16-2004, 01:01 PM
i know one difference is the gsr has a stock front strut bar, but you could easily put an aftermarket one on an ls and i think they all came with 4 wheel disk. 250 to the wheels in an integra is alot, but it's still doable... i think it would be way easier to reach that goal going turbo ls, rather than all-motor gsr. You want 250 to the wheel in an all motor gsr?
-rods
-higher compression pistons
-intake manifold
-i/h/e
-stage 2 at least cams w/springs/retainers
-hondata/tuning
-probably much more im missing
...now that i think about it, with 250 to the wheels in an integra, no matter how you plan on getting there, you would need bigger brakes, a whole new suspension, a heavy duty clutch... man, i hope you have deep pockets !

Zanark
04-18-2004, 10:45 AM
lol just a sorta goal of mine pretty much wanna do everything myself and besides I wanted to work on the internals of the car really. but yeah your right about all those mods. Turbo would make more sense. and with the non vtec it would be easier to maintain. thanks for the reply bro.

Add your comment to this topic!