Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Removing Factory Radio Of 97Chevrolet 1500

danielnewell2007
04-15-2004, 09:33 PM
I really need to know the best way to get the dash off, and then the factory radio also
97 Chevrolet C1500 Regualr cab, 5spd 4.3 Vortec

jdrumstik
04-21-2004, 03:51 PM
sorry no ones offered help, just look for screws, I know on my chevy van the cup holder thing on the front pops off and reveals screws, you just got to start pullin and see if it gives, they hide the screws all over, they might even be in you manual, just look.

Cadillakin'98
01-03-2005, 12:00 AM
all GM trucks have the easiest dash panels to remove. I have same exact make/model (but '98) and as much as I hate to admit it, we have the easiest-to-break in/steal trucks made. This goes for the radio as well. There are no screws holding it in place so firmly grab by the air vents and pull back, follow the dash trim piece around until all clips are popped loose. From countless times of taking mine off/putting it on I will tell you it is easiest to put the shifter in N to give you the clearance you need to completely remove it after disconnecting the wiring harnesses from whatever switches you have. When that is out of the way, you should be able to seejust how easy it is to yank the radio out, just press the 2 little levers on each side of the radio down then pull it out. I got a little trick I'll share w/you that will make a would-be thief change thier mind on grabbing your replacement radio but you have to ask me first. Not gonna share with everyone out there 'cause then they could become would-be thieves with more knowledge!!

Add your comment to this topic!