Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SRT-4 vs. Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart?

theclapp
04-15-2004, 03:43 PM
I am looking at buying a new car, wondering if anyone has looked and/or compared these two (2004 Dodge SRT-4 and 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart). If anyone chose one over the other, believes one is much better than the other for a good reason, or just wants to throw in their .02, please let me know which u think would be the better purchase and why

FuriousMachine95
04-15-2004, 06:37 PM
Get what you like. You are the one has to drive it and foot the bill. :2cents:

blachdohcneon
04-15-2004, 10:23 PM
the lancer is NOT an evo its a piece of shit, the ralliart ghets a whooping 2hp more then the regular lancer, my 98 r/t neon will smoke the crap out of one of those, and the lancer looks like a tird. The srt isn't even compariable to the non-evo lancer. Get the srt or you will be very sorry.

srt4girl2
04-16-2004, 06:25 PM
well...do i have to say which one i would prefer...the srt is a really fun car...driving it and working on it to up the hp...not sure about the lancer ralliart tho, but i know i love the srt!

Fenixfire077
04-21-2004, 09:47 AM
ACTUALLY the ralliart gets a whopping 42hp boost over the regular lancer! but it's @ 162hp. I would stick with the srt-4, sick car, it would totally roast a ralliart, but there from different classes so it's retarded to compare the two. performance-wise anyhow.

209 neon
04-21-2004, 11:09 AM
what ever floats your boat, but food for thought your comparing slow to fast, get the picture! :naughty:

purefx
04-21-2004, 05:09 PM
I have to agree with the posts above. If you want raw power, the srt-4 is totally in a different class than the ralliart. Handling I am not sure, but the srt-4 is no slug either. If you're going for power, the srt-4 gives you one of the most out of the box moddable cars out there. I can't say on reliability the srt-4 is a relatively new car, but the powerplant is extremely sturdy and the only problems I've really heard were related to people modding their cars ... shall we say inappropriately? :)

Roscoe86
04-22-2004, 12:20 AM
With Dodge being my foremost brand of choice, i would say SRT-4 for at least 2 obvious reasons, (230HP, 0-60 in 5.3) but also as a Mitsubishi fan, i must stand up for the car. The Ralliart is by NO means a piece of shit. It wholely and thoroughly outperforms it's other normally-aspirated competition, the SVT Focus, Mazda3, Sentra SE-R Spec V, Impreza RS, and the Neon R/T, in acceleration and handling, and is second only to the SVT in braking. And not to single you out blackdohcneon, but since you were the one who made the crack-judgement assumption that your neon will outrun a Lancer Ralliart, you are sadly mistaken my friend. With 0-60 times of high 6's, 6.8 to be exact, and a high 14 quarter, your Neon will not outrun this Lancer. You shouldn't be blown out of the water, but the front end of your car will not smell the sweet odor of exhaust-free air, only the Lancer's fumes as you are hopelessly caught looking at his rear end for the duration of the race. And as far as looks are concerned, i think it looks better than any gen. neon, with the exception of the SRT-4. Bash the Lancer Ralliart if you wish, just remember what you said when you pull up next to one to race and get owned.

drewh4386
04-22-2004, 09:58 AM
I've seen the srt4 at the drag an no other car could compete with it (in it class). Just the thought of a upgraded one would give me chills.

Excluding the evo

blachdohcneon
04-22-2004, 02:54 PM
And not to single you out blackdohcneon, but since you were the one who made the crack-judgement assumption that your neon will outrun a Lancer Ralliart, you are sadly mistaken my friend. With 0-60 times of high 6's, 6.8 to be exact, and a high 14 quarter, your Neon will not outrun this Lancer.

my bad I was thinking the oz edition lancer, that one is slow, Iv'e never even seen the ralliart, then.

Fenixfire077
04-22-2004, 03:43 PM
oh sry blachdochneon, didn't mean the jump down ur throat bout the ralliart. ya i was lookin @ an O.Z lancer, didn't really appeal to me, especially considering the ralliart was on it's way for 2004. anyhow, i just recently found out about the stage 2 kit from mopar for the srt-4. that's insane! 280whp! i couldn't believe it!

srt4girl2
04-22-2004, 04:33 PM
i only have stage 1 and im up areound 300 hp...just got alot of mods...

Roscoe86
04-22-2004, 10:53 PM
Oh man don't get me started on the O.Z. Lancer...lol There is a dude in the next town about 15 miles down the interstate who has one, has the signature rice-boy universal muffler (at least he keeps it clean instead of rusted and dirty-looking) and the Aluminum wing on the trunk. Oh, and don't forget the K&N stock replacement air filter...that's a 20hp gain right there! He thinks because he has that and a 5spd that he's untouchable. It was hilarious. I pulled up next to him in my Spirit (3.0) with one of my very large friends, (we're both 280 pounds, so that's over 500 pounds extra weight in the car) and as we all know we tend to run slower with more than one person in the car, especially if they're big. But anyways, he started revvin' up like he wanted to race, so i gave him a few revs from the ole' 6 and he laughed. So did I. And my friend. Now, my car has a tendency to peel out on the starts so i decided i wasn't going to go full throttle until i was sure i would hook up. So when the light turned green, he gunned it and i very carefully laid on the throttle. He proceded to tell me that i was #1 even before the start of the race, and i returned the favor as soon as i gave it full throttle. I grabbed and took off and he went bye bye into my rear view mirror. I decided at 60 to slow down and not to humiliate the boy any further, and to give him a thumbs up for a good effort at least, and what does he do as i slow down to let him come up? He gives me the Ricer fly-by.

Me and my friend decide to just piss on him and forgot about it until later that night when we saw him parked with a bunch of his other friends. I pulled up there to talk to him, and one of his friends blurts out "So you're the guy in the granny sedan that Josh beat earlier tonight?" Me and Bobby looked at each other and just started to laugh our asses off. After passing out from laughing so hard (not really) i proceded to tell them how it really went. They didn't believe me, so i challenged him to another race starting at the stoplight right infront of where we were parked. He agreed like a fool and we raced again. This time i made bobby stand outside with the other guys while i went mano-e-mano with him. This time i floored it to give them a showy race, and i still owned him from take-off even with the wheelspin. We came back and his friends started to rag on him so bad he had to get in his car and leave. I left knowing my job was done and that another one had bit the dust at the hands of my "granny car". Anyways, on the other side of the spectrum, i would pay the 17k for a Ralliart. It would be much easier on insurance (and tires for that matter) and would hold me off until i found an SRT-4 and traded it in on one.

blachdohcneon
04-25-2004, 10:08 AM
I have to agree with the posts above. If you want raw power, the srt-4 is totally in a different class than the ralliart. Handling I am not sure, but the srt-4 is no slug either. If you're going for power, the srt-4 gives you one of the most out of the box moddable cars out there. I can't say on reliability the srt-4 is a relatively new car, but the powerplant is extremely sturdy and the only problems I've really heard were related to people modding their cars ... shall we say inappropriately? :)

you are mistaken my friend, the ralliart only does a 15.7 quarter mile according to car and driver, so I belive my 98 r/t and it would be neck and neck. Its not nearly as impresive as the srt.

Roscoe86
04-28-2004, 06:10 PM
Hey, look what i have here, it's my MotorTrend magazine with that test drive in it...what do they say, it's the 1/4 in 14.9? Heh. I trust Motor Trend much more than Car and Driver. They tested a Ford GT and got 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. Sound a bit odd to you? It does to me. They also got an S2000 clocked at 5.4 to 60. I think that was wrong too. Like i said, i don't trust Car and Driver. I tend to find Motor Trend a much more reliable source.

Fenixfire077
05-05-2004, 11:29 PM
ALWAYS stick with the trend! if i am not mistaken - car & driver misstated the 1/4 times for the gto when it debuted, and that is why it was thought upon as such a legend! meanwhile, the times were much different!

neogelion
05-06-2004, 12:09 PM
It all depends on what you are looking for and what your needs are. But what it comes down to is what you want to spend and the future tunablility of the car. If you want to further tune the Lancer you are probably better off just getting the EVO. If you want an SRT-4 then you already have a competitive car with the ability to make it even faster. Test drive them both, wait a week and go back to the car that impressed you the most and best suited your budget and needs.

dels04
08-23-2005, 04:15 AM
the lancer is NOT an evo its a piece of shit, the ralliart ghets a whooping 2hp more then the regular lancer, my 98 r/t neon will smoke the crap out of one of those, and the lancer looks like a tird. The srt isn't even compariable to the non-evo lancer. Get the srt or you will be very sorry.

You are a dork!!! Neon's are the piecers. I owned two. Both had nothing but problems. Traded in last one for a Lancer ralliart. It was the best thing I did. I have put about $2,000 of upgrades in it and no Srt-4 can touch it! And with the upgrades it is still $3,000 less then a new Srt-4. I am sorry that you are stuck w/ a piece. Hope to meet you on the street so I can put my words into action.

das2123
08-23-2005, 11:40 AM
You are a dork!!! Neon's are the piecers. Traded in last one for a Lancer ralliart. It was the best thing I did. I have put about $2,000 of upgrades in it and no Srt-4 can touch it! And with the upgrades it is still $3,000 less then a new Srt-4. I am sorry that you are stuck w/ a piece. Hope to meet you on the street so I can put my words into action.Why are you talking to someone in a post that is more than 3 months old? Anyway the SRT-4 stock against the Ralliart stock isn't even a comparison.

Ralliart=factory performance-tuned, 2.4-liter, 162-horsepower, 4-cylinder MIVEC engine

SRT4=2.4-liter turbocharged 16-valve double overhead camshaft (DOHC) engine w/230 horsepower and 250 lb-ft of torque.

A 70HP difference and you say the Ralliart is better :disappoin

TEXSRT4
08-24-2005, 08:05 PM
wow, way to bring back the deceased. but who is this guy? i would love to see a lancer with $2000 touch a stock srt. that would be awesome!!!! boy, i love people. he probably runs a 14.2 or a 14.3. beat one srt off the line in traffic and thinks hes tough stuff. wait till he meets a real one!!!!

das2123
08-24-2005, 08:08 PM
wow, way to bring back the deceased. but who is this guy? i would love to see a lancer with $2000 touch a stock srt. that would be awesome!!!! boy, i love people. he probably runs a 14.2 or a 14.3. beat one srt off the line in traffic and thinks hes tough stuff. wait till he meets a real one!!!!
:werd:

purefx
08-25-2005, 11:01 PM
You are a dork!!! Neon's are the piecers. I owned two. Both had nothing but problems. Traded in last one for a Lancer ralliart. It was the best thing I did. I have put about $2,000 of upgrades in it and no Srt-4 can touch it! And with the upgrades it is still $3,000 less then a new Srt-4. I am sorry that you are stuck w/ a piece. Hope to meet you on the street so I can put my words into action.

I'm sorry to hear you had bad experiences with neons. Personally, my experience has been great with two srt-4's. I will admit that they were both relatively low mileage (25k on both), but i know many owners with 50k, 70k, and 90k who have had either no problems or minimal problems (wires/plugs...tps wire...etc). I also fail to see how 2 grand will take a ralliart to NEAR srt-4 numbers, nonetheless surpass and destroy them. Maybe you bought a 2,000 dollar suspension and you're talking about in the twisties an srt-4 can't touch you? That would at least be somewhat more believable since the srt-4 has mediocre handling and 2 grand will get quite a few cars a nice suspension and setup.

TEXSRT4
08-28-2005, 09:41 PM
dont be so sure bud, for $2000 you can make your sartie handle pretty well.

purefx
08-29-2005, 12:57 AM
dont be so sure bud, for $2000 you can make your sartie handle pretty well.

Im not talking about spending 2000 on the srt4. Besides, as I already said, for 2 g's you can make almost any car handle pretty dam good. The comparison was to a stock srt4.

Stealth_SUX_
09-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Hey, look what i have here, it's my MotorTrend magazine with that test drive in it...what do they say, it's the 1/4 in 14.9? Heh. I trust Motor Trend much more than Car and Driver. They tested a Ford GT and got 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. Sound a bit odd to you? It does to me. They also got an S2000 clocked at 5.4 to 60. I think that was wrong too. Like i said, i don't trust Car and Driver. I tend to find Motor Trend a much more reliable source.

I hope u say it sounds odd because it is a little high, cause a ford gt is fast. overpriced but fast.

TEXSRT4
09-03-2005, 08:45 PM
its all magazine racing and totally useless. the information is used simply to sell copies of the magazine itself. if you want to race, get your butt to the track, otherwise see what real people are doing in the car. high 14s? please, the srt will run high 13s stock. i dont know about the lancer, but i dont care, only evos are worth looking towards. but remember they cost 10+grand more, so there is no shame being a bit slower stock

Hottmonkey
09-08-2005, 10:20 AM
Biggest Bang for your buck..........get the SRT

pinkslipRT
09-12-2005, 07:05 PM
hey roscoe, why u blowin ur own horn? 98 rt has a 2.0 ur shitty rally art has a 2.4 ok lets do the math........take the 2.4 out of the stratus and put it in the rt and then we will see whos faster. on top of that build ur 2.4 ralliart and i will build my 2.0 rt and i will rape ur tailpipe clean out all of ur carb........................................n/a no nitrous
mine runs high 11's

das2123
09-13-2005, 07:14 AM
n/a no nitrous mine runs high 11'sNo way your running high 11's N/A unless you have some serious engine work done and I don't mean bolt-ons.

pinkslipRT
09-13-2005, 04:39 PM
No way your running high 11's N/A unless you have some serious engine work done and I don't mean bolt-ons.

tex ur cool u seem to know ur stuff, das is running around these threads putting in his half cent. perfect example......his quote. no shit dumass.no wait im doing 11's with a fart can and intake.haha. complete engine rebuild.top to bottom 2.4 block around 13.5-1 comp. crane 28's,standalone, ect. obviously u havent seen a fast car yet, i mean u r drivin a ralliart right. u havent seen one. also u said u used to own 2 neons but now a pos go to the rallifart forums.

das2123
09-13-2005, 06:05 PM
das is running around these threads putting in his half cent. perfect example......his quote. no shit dumass.no wait im doing 11's with a fart can and intake.haha. complete engine rebuild.top to bottom 2.4 block around 13.5-1 comp. crane 28's,standalone, ect. obviously u havent seen a fast car yet, i mean u r drivin a ralliart right. u havent seen one. also u said u used to own 2 neons but now a pos go to the rallifart forums.I never said I drove a Ralliart. Where did that come from? I drive a mildly modded neon and had a boosted neon once and have helped put together a serious N/A motor, but not to your extreme. I wasn't talking mess about you, I have just seen alot of people claim there cars are fast using rice math. I was wondering what you had done to your car to claim 11 sec N/A. It's all good with me. Anyway, crane 28's huh...is your car street legal?

pinkslipRT
09-13-2005, 06:53 PM
i was refering to another guy in the ralliart convo.,not u. and i live in florida and we have no inspection here for now anyways. but its not concidered by the fuzz to legal. had a cop pull my for speeding told me to pop my hood, when he looked he wanted to impound my car. but luckily i pulled over into my work place and he couldnt tow it from private property. so it is and it isnt. now that we have came to a truce.......see u at the starting line.......bring the pinkslip

pinkslipRT
09-13-2005, 07:05 PM
i should have clarified i was speaking to dels04 about his craptastic rallifart. did u make it look all fast and furious? and as i stated u build ur 2.4 rallifart and i will build my 2.0 neon and will take em to the line. ill be waitin at the finish line for u..pony boy

TEXSRT4
09-13-2005, 08:23 PM
13:1 compression, 2.4 motor, with crane28s? and you claim to run 11's, without nitrous. please show a timeslip, you have to have one laying around there somewhere

TEXSRT4
09-13-2005, 08:24 PM
oh and post a picture! i want to see your cage. and how is it driving around in a stripped car everyday? i bet its pretty noisy for commuting

pinkslipRT
09-15-2005, 06:09 PM
ok tex thought u had a brain in that head but i guess i was wrong th ethings u mentioned is not all i have but if u ever get enough money to build what i have let me know. i still have full interior eccept the trunk.
2.4 block .40 over
clevite main and rod
knife edged crank
wiesco forged rods
custom je forged pistons 12.1
je rings .
decked .40 ported and polished magnum head
crane 28's
aem adjust. gears (intake adv 4deg exhaust retd. 4deg
flat headed 1mm oversized valves
dual springs
all thermal coated(block also coated)
indy intake (pnp)
65mm custom made ford throttle body
3"c custom cai
tti long tubes with 2.75 custom exh.
afx race com.
aem stand alone(i will add, this is what brought me into the 11's, when u use one then you will know why)
dis 2
votage stablizer
grounding system
knology wires
aem coilpac
36lb injectors
wal. fuel pump
fuel pres. reg.
high flo fuel rail
under drive pulley
no ps
no ac
cro2 intake cooler
oil cooler
tranny cooer
moroso pan
all motor mounts
rear bobble
slimline fan
i missed a few things but if u knew what u were talking about u woulcnt have made the previos comment. i guess the cows where u live arent that fast. heh tex

i have no reason to lie when 1 of u put ur time and money into ur neon like i did u will get 11's regardless of what TEX says.

pinkslipRT
09-15-2005, 08:40 PM
ok tex thought u had a brain in that head but i guess i was wrong th ethings u mentioned is not all i have but if u ever get enough money to build what i have let me know. i still have full interior eccept the trunk.
2.4 block .40 over
clevite main and rod
knife edged crank
wiesco forged rods
custom je forged pistons 12.1
je rings .
decked .40 ported and polished magnum head
crane 28's
aem adjust. gears (intake adv 4deg exhaust retd. 4deg
flat headed 1mm oversized valves
dual springs
all thermal coated(block also coated)
indy intake (pnp)
65mm custom made ford throttle body
3"c custom cai
tti long tubes with 2.75 custom exh.
afx race com.
aem stand alone(i will add, this is what brought me into the 11's, when u use one then you will know why)
dis 2
votage stablizer
grounding system
knology wires
aem coilpac
36lb injectors
wal. fuel pump
fuel pres. reg.
high flo fuel rail
under drive pulley
no ps
no ac
cro2 intake cooler
oil cooler
tranny cooer
moroso pan
all motor mounts
rear bobble
slimline fan
i missed a few things but if u knew what u were talking about u woulcnt have made the previos comment. i guess the cows where u live arent that fast. heh tex

i have no reason to lie when 1 of u put ur time and money into ur neon like i did u will get 11's regardless of what TEX says.

TEXSRT4
09-15-2005, 11:30 PM
wow, what a jerk-off. first off bud, i called bs because your making what, all of 350hp, maybe 400 at the most. well, with full interior your around 2300lbs. 11s are pretty darn fast! second, how did you like tuning that AEM computer? i bet it sucked, especially because you had to wire in a universal box, thats a lot of work.

i find it funny, that you comment about having enough cash to build one. by looking over your list i see lots and lots of money you wasted. so does that make me look bad bad, or you an idiot?

TEXSRT4
09-15-2005, 11:32 PM
and i still want to see a time slip, there arnt many 11second neons, and we would all like to see the car. now why you have to come on here and be a flaming wipe, i will never know. you seem offly jumpy when i ask for a little more than just your word

das2123
09-16-2005, 07:27 AM
[QUOTE=TEXSRT4]and i still want to see a time slip and a picture[QUOTE]I would like to see a picture also. Mainly of the engine setup and the time slip.

TEXSRT4
09-16-2005, 11:28 AM
what are you using for your suspension? what coilovers, wheels, tires, etc?

pinkslipRT
09-16-2005, 03:00 PM
first off "bud" i didnt come on here 2 have u believe me, also my friend has a shop with a dyno and he is an electrical guineuss, so wiring it and tuning it was not that much of a task. what did i waste my money on? and im sure u have built them over and over thats how u would know what im wasting my money on. if u had an ounce of motivation u wouldnt have bitched up and went srt-4. i got nothin against srt-4 i love em but ur gonna sit here and call me names and talk trash when u bought the factory power, i built my power! so regaurdless of what u might think of me why knock my car its a beast. i have around 398hp but just putting a 1st gen into high 200's is a great feat. and ur tryin to bring me and my car down. well it aint happinen,"bud". u should be happy for me but ur aperrently jealous because ur responding in such a defensive mannor.
tien springs
kyb struts
stock rt rims
azienas
i didnt come on here to say my car is better than anybodys, just what is possible and how i can get others there. im a neon fan and i want them to win.

TEXSRT4
09-16-2005, 11:40 PM
how much did you pay for your nology wires? are you aware that they have a higher ohm rating than the msd or crane wires, and you can buy them for less than $40. so right there you wasted money. oh...how much did you spend on your grounding kit? you know that factory grounds are more than adequate, or you could simply run a battery cable to the battery and the block and be done.

i dont know where you think i was being rude or whatever, but chill. i didnt mean to piss you off, its just hard to belive that you are running 11s, there seems to be a couple things that arnt adding up. i just want to see the car, and yet you again are denying any pictures. and you really seem to get upset when i simply ask for more information. if you really put your car into the 11s with that setup, it would be awesome. now about the srt, your joking right? for less than 1k i put it stoutly into the 12s on street tires. so with similar tires i would probably be pretty close, so i wouldnt say i cheaped out, just spent my money a little smarter.

why are you running such a cheap suspension setup? wouldnt it be better to run some real springs, or maybe coilovers? i mean, afterall, you will get a better launch, less weight transfer (which you must know, is killer on a fwd)!

what tranny are you using to back that motor? didnt you say that it was an auto? if so, what torque converter are you using, it must be massive in order run with those cams.

and in no way am i jealous. you do know you drive a fwd car, so it will never be as functional in a drag race as a rwd. thats why i dont drag my sartie. now when you want to take turn for turn with me on the autocross track, or even open road race track feel free to give me a call!

for the record, an 11second neon is nothing to me. 400hp is pathetic in my job, you dont stand a chance til your closer to the 1000 numbers. let me know when your there

again, not to be a jerk, but im waiting for a picture, for someone who likes their car so much, and is so proud of it, you are offly shy about posting up. all i ask is a picture. i would love to see it! i think it would be a lot of fun.

soapsuds22
09-27-2005, 02:11 PM
tex ur cool u seem to know ur stuff, das is running around these threads putting in his half cent. perfect example......his quote. no shit dumass.no wait im doing 11's with a fart can and intake.haha. complete engine rebuild.top to bottom 2.4 block around 13.5-1 comp. crane 28's,standalone, ect. obviously u havent seen a fast car yet, i mean u r drivin a ralliart right. u havent seen one. also u said u used to own 2 neons but now a pos go to the rallifart forums.
Post a pic of your car and engine then.If you can afford all this supposed engine work than you must be able to afford a camera phone or digital camera....

lamehonda
09-27-2005, 02:21 PM
11's in a Ralliart? WHY would you spend all of that money so you can be as fast as an evo that would cost like 10 grand less? NA fwd is tough to hit 11's with without drag slicks.

TEXSRT4
09-27-2005, 05:16 PM
it seems that this guy fell off the face of the earth! i would have loved to see an 11sec N/A neon, but nothing seemed to be adding up! the real give away was the suspension setup. that is one of the cheapest street suspensions (heck, i would call it a lowering kit as opposed to a suspension setup). most fast cars require some big time suspension modifications. he needs to run atleast a set of coilovers to allow proper weight transfer

sheetmagnet
09-28-2005, 12:16 AM
I agree. If this guy can blow some serious coin on all his motor mods and brag 11's all day, then he can afford a cheap-ass $40 digital camera and provide a photo or two of his neon genius. Or he can zip his 11-second but to Kinko's at a decent pace and get som elec. photos made for $5.

I might not be a veteran drag-racer, but I've been around it long enough to know this:

11's are quite a brag... especially in a FWD platform. Even with the hp requirements, hold and traction become twice as hard to negotiate as opposed to a RWD producing the same potential... all because of weight-transfer.

If this guy is running what he claims, then that would mean that he had enough of a passion for it to blow more $$$$$ on his motor than the car than it was even worth in the first place, let alone the trans and suspension, frame ties, cage, tires, safety equipment, etc. I paid $11,000 for my '04 brand spankin-new. I would expect AT LEAST that in investment into a motor (and trans, suspension, etc) that was naturally aspirated, to push that much FWD weight into the 11's consistently.

Or, that would mean that he was on a mission and wanted to be recognized as a contender for more serious drag events, maybe even a MOPAR NHRA prospect... in which case he would have more class and he wouldn't slam others on this website by bragging about how poor we are compared to him because we can't afford to put together a motor like his.

Either way, I find this whole line of discussion humorous. If this guy shows a full-blown video of his car with full inspection, and what it can do at the track, and it spits out 11's, I will retract all that I have said and offer my deepest apologies to him (except for the more-money-than-thou part). But until that happens, I join everyone else and call bullshit! Happy racing everyone! :-)

... oh, and on a similar note... by chance, I was pulling out of the gas station last year and slowly passed a slow-moving silver '04 SXT, like mine... with the exception that he had a hood scoop on it that took up most of the surface area of the hood, and he was rumbling freakin' loud, and he had 15" slicks on the BACK. He pulled into McD's with it (of all places, right?), so out of sheer curiousity from the rumble and sight, I busted a U-turn and pulled up next to him in the parking lot. I could tell by a quck glance of the fat pumpkin and short axle with slicks in the rear end and the interior that this car was pure 1/4-mile... and I asked him what he did to it and he told me that he shoved a new 5.7-liter HEMI into it and supercharged it, amongst tons of mechanical and electronics fabrication. And he popped the hood and proved it to me... this guy had some serious cash to throw around, and turned an '04 Neon into a hacked/stripped out RWD 1/4-mile rocket and boasted that it had 620 rwhp (with an automatic)... and he said it ran a best 10.9 so far (lucky bast***). Maybe that will put things into general perspective too, for the NA genius.

TEXSRT4
09-28-2005, 08:54 PM
heres the thing. there are very few srts in the 11s. they are making WAY more power than he is!

i smelled a rat, and when i called he sure did get pissy, then dissapeared. i am a nice guy, but dont lie to me and dont be a dick to me. if you follow those 2 rules, we will have a great time here!

das2123
09-29-2005, 02:20 PM
dont lie to me and dont be a dick to me.What about being as ASS? LOL!!!! Just messing around, I'm bored!

pinkslipRT
09-29-2005, 03:44 PM
ok its not a ralliart for who ever asked that its a 98 RT and i paid 900 for it with a bad motor. as for your book that you wrote shitmagnet the suspention is not perm. i have the 32 way koni adjustbles (why because i can) witch will take care of any of your worries for my car. you call bullshit allyou want I will get a pic when i can i have no camera or know how to post it on this but i will figure it out and show you the pics after that i dont wanna hear anyones shit. one more thing shit magnet i get all whole say prices through my friends shop and most fabricated shit done there so my cost r not that high. im only about 4800 in this bitch.

TEXSRT4
09-29-2005, 04:43 PM
now i really call bull! most shops dont end up paying W/D, infact most end up paying jobber price, which is what i sell nearly all the parts i deal with for! and for 4800 your smokin crack! what kind of fabrication work was done? what do you have your cams adjusted too? what torque converter are you using? whats the stall? who built your tranny? what size slicks are you running? what kind?

400hp small block chevy is going to set you back 4k, its going to be more expensive to get that out of a 2.4L

whats the name of the shop that did the work?

TEXSRT4
09-29-2005, 04:46 PM
one more give away. someone with enough common sense to build/drive a car of that caliber would (1) be a lot more helpful and forthcoming (2) would have more class than call people names (3) would have more knowledge of the vehicle and whats be done and (4) would have a much better vocabulary, so instead of using sh^t, he would have chosen much more effective verbage.

put up or shut up, plain and simple.

pinkslipRT
09-29-2005, 04:53 PM
ok cool guy im gald you are the bullshit caller. i got the 2.4 from my dads crashed pt so umm that was free. my friend is a machinist so all the work to prep the block free,so basically im paying for parts what dont u understand? 1 more thing i was debating on what car to go with before this neon.i want ur imput on this since ur a good bullshit caller,i was gonna trade my gst for a 97 240,pay 5000 dollars and have the skyline motor with single turbo conversion and fuel upgrades with race cams installed and i bet that wouldnt get 11's either right? anyways youve made up your mind so just close the thread and i will post the pics when i get them.

TEXSRT4
09-29-2005, 06:16 PM
an rb25det with a GT-S tranny is a pretty good combo. especially for drag racing. the problem of course is that yoru going to need a serious LSD. you are also going to need a bigger turbo as well. inorder to get those trap speeds nessesary for an 11second pass, you will definatly need to do a bit of motor tweaking. it is possiable though, heck i myself will be building a rb26dett 240z here shortly

pinkslipRT
09-29-2005, 08:24 PM
i was gonna do it but the rt situation presented it self a little sooner so i took it. this company that installs these engines have the skyline engines in packages starting at 3500 - 6500$ the one i was going to use upgraded to a T88 clipped with frontmount 3inch down, fuel upgrades with cams and a few other things. so the engine would have been pretty much set as far as being built.....oh this company also test and tunes these engines to ur specifications. so my main concern would be traction

sheetmagnet
09-30-2005, 12:15 AM
ok its not a ralliart for who ever asked that its a 98 RT and i paid 900 for it with a bad motor. as for your book that you wrote shitmagnet the suspention is not perm. i have the 32 way koni adjustbles (why because i can) witch will take care of any of your worries for my car. you call bullshit allyou want I will get a pic when i can i have no camera or know how to post it on this but i will figure it out and show you the pics after that i dont wanna hear anyones shit. one more thing shit magnet i get all whole say prices through my friends shop and most fabricated shit done there so my cost r not that high. im only about 4800 in this bitch.

Well I wasn't going to flat-out call myself a shit-magnet, but obviously shit is attracted to me because I received your reply.

You do have some smart things to say about your setup, I'll give you that. But that is it... even with the mods, it is still a stretch and needs to be proven plain and simple. In other words, don't talk it; walk it. If I got on here and said I had a naturally-aspirated F-150 with a straight 300 6-pack that ran 12's, I know I would get the same reaction everyone else has given you on this thread. I don't get "all whole say prices through my friends" but if I did, I imagine that I would be sharing my knowledge and experience with others and be proud of what I had... instead of comparing how bad-ass I am and bragging about money and speed to belittle others who you obviously feel are beneath you in some way.

Sorry man, it's your attitude. Why be so arrogant about it anyway? Even if you had an 11-sec neon, does that make you better than us? If anything, we'd be THOROUGHLY impressed and in awe and admiration to see those photos, time slips, maybe even a hands-on how-to from you on tips you may have. Writing like a d**k on here will NOT make people respect you, no matter what you do or DON'T have in YOUR garage.

sheetmagnet
09-30-2005, 12:21 AM
One more thing, out of curiousity... Do you have a custom trac-bar setup? Did you retrofit a kit into the front, or did you fab all of it out. If you did, what did you use to piece it together? (Besides the 32-way Koni's)?

1stGenRT
09-30-2005, 03:24 PM
formally known as pinkslipRT

well sheetmagnet i was going to respond but they banned me for defending myself. if you think i came on here to brag i didn't there was a thread about the cars powers and i told these people what i had, they called bullshit i said that was fine, then i proceeded to tell them i was not here to be better than anyone but just to share the wealth. you were not here for all that. so i was humble until they jumped my shit. didnt mean to have a words battle with you but you just got on the bandwagon.
i didnt do most of the work to this car like i said earlier my friends shop did i was just there to learn how to do these things. who ever banned me can do it again, as they kiss my ass. i will post these pics when i get them dont worry i wont let you down.

neon_rt
09-30-2005, 04:03 PM
1stGenRT,
I think we would all be more likely to take your post seriously if your use of language was better. It is hard to take someone seriously if they are using 3rd grade grammar. You may have had plenty of helpful things to say and I wish you could have expressed them. We would all like to hear the technical aspects of your build-up, but would be skeptical of your descriptions and ability to relay the information accurately. I hope this communication problem doesn't affect your future prospects.

Neon_RT

sheetmagnet
10-01-2005, 12:33 AM
Apology accepted. Hoping to check out those pics.

Add your comment to this topic!