Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

color help for ferrari 250 california spider

spymaker
04-15-2004, 04:04 AM
Hello guys!

Can you guys help me out deciding which color is perfect for a ferrari 250gt california spider italeri(a restoration project)?
black, italian red(bored with that color), silver, black with red stripe in the middle, pearl white or pure white?

Heeeellppp

Andrian aka spymaker

mel79
04-15-2004, 04:13 AM
I'd consider really dark metallic blue or light blue metallic. White doesn't sound too good to me. Black or silver (light gunmetal maybe?) are good choices too.

Alex has painted his California Spyder in black, see http://italianhorses.net/Ital250Cal/250CalSp.htm

-Mikko

ZoomZoomMX-5
04-15-2004, 08:08 AM
They look good in all the standard (non-red) Ferrari colors: black, white, silver, yellow, metallic blue (light, medium, dark), maroon. Almost any color is available on a Ferrari, even gunmetal, platinum, magnesium, and metallic greens in light and dark shades. Modern Ferrari colors aren't that different over the years. Pick a color you like, do a google search to see the car in various colors.

As for pearl white... :sly: :rolleyes: :disappoin :nono:

Porsnatic
04-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Well this classic car can be painted in some other colors than red,
but,like when we do a classic,it also has to wear a classic color.I think in this case you should stay in red.OK,that's boring,but,you can do something I read somewhere.

I read that by the era of the Spyder,ferrari use to primer cars in pink,
then,the classic Ferrari Rosso Corsa,or in this case,any Tamiya,Gunze Sangyo,Finishers,or Modeler's Italian Red.

I already made this model using just Italian Red from Tamiya sprays,you can see it on my gallery,or drop me an email and I can email you a better picture.

Hello guys!

Can you guys help me out deciding which color is perfect for a ferrari 250gt california spider italeri(a restoration project)?
black, italian red(bored with that color), silver, black with red stripe in the middle, pearl white or pure white?

Heeeellppp

Andrian aka spymaker

spymaker
04-16-2004, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the help, guys! haven't made my mind about the perfect color
But yesterday I found this site QV5000.com they had an article and images about this particular car in blackk with red stripe in the middle
what do you guys think?

Andre aka spymaker

Ferrari TR
04-16-2004, 01:02 PM
Black with a red stripe sounds really cool and different.
:p

Add your comment to this topic!