Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 Se

NEEDaNEWcar
04-15-2004, 03:39 AM
How many miles is too many miles?

I can get one of these for $5500 but it has 143k miles on it. I dont know how well built or how long these cars last.

Is that too many miles to be dropping that much money on?

Or will the car hold up for a long time, and its worth that much money

NEEDaNEWcar
04-15-2004, 01:02 PM
11 people! 11 looked at this thread and not one could reply?

Are you all just as lost as I am about these cars and just trying to find information?

integrasedan
04-15-2004, 02:57 PM
if it's from a private party then the price is high.

if from a used car dealer, the the price is normal.

I got my 95 Se with 96,000 miles last year from dealer for 5,900.
I didn't take for an inspection before I bought it, and I had to fix somestuff up, but nothing major.

if you are concerned with reliability, bring it in for inspection before you buy it.

It depends, if the previous owner really took good care of it, everything should be fine, but if they abused/neglected it, it might have problems, so best advice would have it inspected or else you are taking a gamble like I did.

Luckily, my motor and transmission runs good, but I had to do routine maintance like new brakes, muffler, coolant, water pump/timming belt, ect.

Fuxwitus 1st
11-11-2004, 11:20 AM

I can get one of these for $5500 but it has 143k miles on it. I dont know how well built or how long these cars last.

I got my 95 se jdm for $2900 with 72,050 on original motor -needed a tune up and brake rotors and pads. i suggest you keep searching

whtteg
11-11-2004, 04:42 PM
I got my 95 se jdm for $2900 with 72,050 on original motor -needed a tune up and brake rotors and pads. i suggest you keep searching

If you live in the US then BS. Sorry but that is far from reality here in the States. :disappoin

cheeseandricer
11-13-2004, 01:00 AM
theres no way you got it for that cheap unless you bought it from a family member or a retarded guy

kornflakes28546
11-13-2004, 08:38 AM
:banhim: every single post is BS!

integraboy_2007
11-13-2004, 09:45 PM
Well i'm looking at a 95 gsr for 3500 and has 117k on it is 3500 too much for it?

whtteg
11-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Is the title clean? Make sure the title is not salvaged. How many miles are on it? If it is on decent shape and the title is clean than I say it is a pretty good deal unless it has alot of miles and the motor is not in good condition.

integraboy_2007
11-13-2004, 10:51 PM
Well i tihnk it's got 117,000 miles i still need to call on it though. I've jsut seen the ad in the paper.

integralover
11-14-2004, 12:45 AM
that deal for the gsr sounds too good to be true:screwy: i would look very carefully into it.

and to NEEDaNEWcar's question. acura's/honda's are very reliable cars if they were not neglected. definately take it to someone that you trust to look at it and give you a heads up. also get the VIN and run it on carfax http://www.carfax.com/. it will tell you for free if something is up or, not. and if something is up and you want to know it will charge for that. also you can go onto kelly blue book http://www.kbb.com/ and do the private party search function. that will give you a good idea on how much you should be charged for the car.

tmtran73
11-15-2005, 10:01 AM

For a 95 SE w/ 143kmile with $5.5k, I think it is too much. Even though, it is in good condition (I don't care what people say, there is no such PERFECT condition for that kind of mileage.) Lets say it is GOOD condition (what I mean by that it has minor mechanical and physical, etc. and still in good driving condition even w/ these minor issues. Enough to say), this car probably worth around $3.5 - $4k.

Reliable, I think someone already mentioned this "It is all depended previous owner(s)" How well they're taking care? and is it high way miles or city miles? General speak, these cars really reliable. I bought mine (95 SE w/ 91kmiles @ $6.6K from dealer) in 2001, since then, I don't have to do any major repair other than nomal wear and tear (tires, brake pads, transmission fluid, oil changes, spark plugs, etc.) It is now 177kmiles. If you buy this car, my recommend is to do oil change requently (every 2Kmile and don't have to be brand name oil, even though Manufacture recomm every 3Kmil or 7.5kmil), you will get pay off later.....

Good luck

Schister66
11-15-2005, 10:07 AM
i think that's way too high personally....i got a good deal on my car and i paid $8500 for a 99 GSR w/ 48k on it......you can find a better deal if you just keep looking.

knorwj
11-15-2005, 03:18 PM
This thread is exactly 1 year and 1 day old... try not to bring old threads back from the grave. chances are the guy you were answering has already either bought an integra or moved onto a different vehicle. He probably isn't even an active member of the forum anymore.

A good rule of thumb is that if it is no longer on the first page of threads then just read it and don't reply to it due to its age or it has already been answered and allowed to die.

Schister66
11-15-2005, 03:51 PM
i didn't even notice that, but good advice......

Add your comment to this topic!