94 J30 doesn't start at times

J30_owner
04-15-2004, 01:28 AM
Normally, my '94 J30 starts just fine, however, intermittently, the car refuses to start. This happens especially during colder evenings or mornings. The engine will crank, but will not start. Battery is just fine. After an occurrence of the car not starting, I can wait for a day and successfully start the car during the daytime the next day. Infinity dealer hasn't been of any help in diagnosing this problem. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Or does anyone have any tips?

agoodb
04-16-2004, 08:34 AM
Dont know if thsi is your problam ihad it on cold days but it also happend sometimes when i would go low on gas and then fill the full tank so they desided to change the fule pump work great since :)

infinman
04-20-2004, 01:02 PM
This may or may not be your problem.The J30 doesn't like to be started then shut off.example:you start your car just so you can move it in the driveway,then you shut it off.Chances are it will not restart.What happens is the engine doesn't get warmed up.Starting the second time floods the engine.Any attempt to start the engine makes the situation worse.To verify flooding, the next time it won't start have a second person remove the fuel injector fuse while you crank the engine.This will clear the flooded condition without adding more fuel.
Good luck

Add your comment to this topic!