first car with altezza taillights?

Fenixfire077
04-14-2004, 05:05 PM
was this the first car with actual altezza taillights?

matada
04-14-2004, 11:08 PM
Worst. Post. Ever.

Yes. It was. It would be highly unlikely that they named the car off of taillights and not vice versa.

Jetts
04-14-2004, 11:09 PM
wow gay

crayzayjay
04-15-2004, 07:15 AM
:eek:

The ignorance is stupefying :banghead:

Jimster
04-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Wasn't it the Toyota Altezza :confused:

:loser:

jon@af
04-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Like it says in my sig, everytime I start to believe in the human race, someone comes along and just messes it all up. :banghead:

Fenixfire077
04-15-2004, 08:34 PM
wow sorry i must have insulted you guys, i better not let my curiousity run ahead of me if it's going to get me caught in this kind of trouble.

matada
04-15-2004, 09:23 PM
No insult was implied, dude.

If you wanted to ask a legitimate question, you should have phrased it "was this the first vehicle with euro tails?". In this case, the answer is, as to my knowlege, yes.

Asking if an Altezza is the first vehicle that had Altezza taillights is like asking "who is buried in Grant's tomb". The answer itself is buried within the question.

eversio11
04-15-2004, 10:01 PM
And the addition of the word 'actual' was the icing on the cake :lol:

Fenixfire077
04-16-2004, 12:25 AM
i got u guys, i came back to the forum @ the wrong time as well, me n the girl were arguing about something, so i went on the pc for a while, and then when i saw the replys, it just hit me the wrong way, you know how alot of people are in the forum, they think a forum is a place not to find info, but to make people feel like assholes to make themselves feel more knowledgable. it's just really funny, coz even though im into tuners n whatnot my uncle is from a diff time, and he's way into muscle cars, but he doesn't criticize and whatnot because he's a real car person, he accepts the fact that diff people r into diff cars. whereas a friend of mine whos into muscle cars, same age as myself 18-20, he's an ass about it, 'wow you aCTUALLY think u can werk a 4!? haha talk to me when you get a real motor!' you know those things, but areal car person answers any question without bein a dick about it... i just totally lined myself up for that one, haha. back on track though, i've never seen an altezza, but a friend of mine told me it's basically a lexus is300, is this true?

Sportivo Concepts
04-24-2004, 08:20 PM
Actually, why you guys are all bashing him, take a look at the Supra, The Supra is the first car to sport the Alteeza taillights.

It was not until Toyota made the car Altezza/IS 300 that the taillights have been known as Atleeza taillights.

It is the same way for the M3 mirrors, Toyota has been sporting them long befoe BMW.

Toyota has been known to be the first for alot of automotive first but another manufactuer car has been associated with it.

Another example which came first the Honda Insight or Toyota Prius? Accoding to some source its the Honda Insight, but the Prius has been produced and sold first in the Japanese market and all other markets.

matada
04-24-2004, 08:38 PM
Actually, why you guys are all bashing him, take a look at the Supra, The Supra is the first car to sport the Alteeza taillights.

It was not until Toyota made the car Altezza/IS 300 that the taillights have been known as Atleeza taillights.

It is the same way for the M3 mirrors, Toyota has been sporting them long befoe BMW.

Toyota has been known to be the first for alot of automotive first but another manufactuer car has been associated with it.

Another example which came first the Honda Insight or Toyota Prius? Accoding to some source its the Honda Insight, but the Prius has been produced and sold first in the Japanese market and all other markets.
Think of the question. This isn't a "chicken or the egg" hypothesis. This is a question on ALTEZZA taillights. The clear lens surrounding the red enclosures is not particular to the Altezza, however, until there was the Altezza, there were no "Altezza" taillights. The proper terminology is most likely "euro tails" which is really a nondescriptive term for them also, as they originally came on several japanese cars first....

Now if you will excuse me, I am busy searching the internet for some civic taillights for my car:grinno:.

thegladhatter
04-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Was Michael Jordan the first basketball player to wear "Air Jordans"?

Was McDonald's the first place to get a "Big Mac"?

Was Chevrolet the first to produce a "Chevy"?

Was Boston the first city to make famous "Boston Baked Beans"?

Mark! No Civic tails!! Just get a Civic and put an S15 conversion on it!

Add your comment to this topic!