92 corolla help

grfnkl
04-14-2004, 04:10 PM
I'm concidering on helping out a friend that has a 92 corolla, which has died. I need to know if i would be able to fix these things on my own or would i have to bring it to a mechanic to have it fixed. here's the problems #1 the starter is dead, #2 the heater core needs to be replaced, The other things i should be able to handle, since it's a hose, possibly a fan, possibly a radiator, and something with the one brake light either a control module or a ground issue. Now would i be able to fix the starter? I doubt i can do the heater core, due to it's location... i have some automotive knowhow, i've done some work on GM cars and nothing on foreign as of now. any help or tips would be appreicated

garryconn
04-16-2004, 09:15 PM
I am not sure about the heater core either... I do know that you probably would get more money from parting it out then you would if you sold it whole and running.... If it was me... I would part it out.

grfnkl
04-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Well I honestly i agree about getting rid of the car, but the person who owns the car, has a sentamental attachment. Also the car has really low mileage on it, and would probably be better on getting it fixed. It's only a 92 and it has i believe 40,000 maybe 50,000 at most on it.

grfnkl
04-25-2004, 04:46 PM
hopefully someone can help here..., I'm about to attempt to fix this corolla or at least to get it running. I looked under the hood for the starter... I think i found it on the back side of the engine in the middle, but not sure how you get to it. From the bottom the exhaust and the axle is in the way and from the top the intake is in the way, I feel to remove the intake is too much work, is there an easy way to get to the starter? either way there is very little room. Any help with this is greatly apprecaited.... and needed ASAP!!!!!

Add your comment to this topic!