Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What car?

RedHeadLexie
04-14-2004, 02:03 PM
Hi all, my name is Alexis, and I'm trying to help my parents find out what car they should buy. Hey have no real preferences, but some critical issues. My Dad is 6'2", most of which is his torso. He feel cramped in most cars. Right now my Mother's car is a '95 Buick LeSaber. They are looking to replace this car. My Mom would like something smaller, sportyer, and better on gas. They are looking for somehting with similar performance as the Buick. I do know they tried some Caddies, and BMWs, but either Dad felt it was too small, or the car ended up larger than the Buick. I believe they tried an Acura, which was pretty good in Dad's mind, but he didn't like the fact that the pasengers side did not have lumbar support. ( I know this makes no sense, if Dad's in the car, he's going to be in the drivers seat, and Mom doesn't care about lumbar). So something this size would be possibly good lol. I know Dad can't get into a convertable if the top is up, nor a sun roof. (His car is a pick up, so he's got lots of head space in that.). They are looking to perchase a used car, but not too old. I know the BMW they tried was two years old, but Mom said there was too much road noise. I mentioned that they should try a Bug, since I've heard it's roomy inside, but I don't know if they will.
So... if anyone has any sudgestions as to what makes/models might suit my parents requirements, I'd be greatful. Or if anyones knows of any used Buicks or Lexus in Southwestern Ontario Canada, I'd like to hear about them. Sounds like there aren't many out there, from what my parents tell me.
Anyways, thanks again.
Lex

RedHeadLexie
04-16-2004, 09:03 AM
Ah, come on guys, no ideas for a roomy, sporty luxury car??
Lex

Splinter
04-16-2004, 09:13 AM
What about loookin at big 4wd for roomy??but in terms of cars...hmm...luxury-try some of the Jaguar models, sporty-most skylines have legroom...personally i like the BMW idea :P, but i'm biased and since ur lookin for leg-room just a matter of shopping around...the bigger Fords (Falcon, Fairlane, and XR series) would also by something to look at in my opinion...

RedHeadLexie
04-16-2004, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the tips, I'll pass them on to my parents. The real problem isn't leg room, it's head room. my Dad is really tall in his torso. Any one else with any ideas??
Lex

ghostguy6
04-16-2004, 04:47 PM
the gmc monte carlo has alot oh head room and is kinda sporty, Im 6'4" and i know i can drive one but for me the steering wheel is just a tad low but for your dad it should be ok, or you could always try the mazda hatchbacks they have a surprizing amount of interior space for such little cars( *curses the designers for putting all the room in the interior instead of engine compartmant where the mechanics really need the room)

RedHeadLexie
04-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Very good to know. I talked to the parents today, appearently Dad has a thing against jags, so that's a no go. But I do know he likes the looks of the Monte Carlos, and I was talking with a friend, who agrees with it being spacous, so I mentiond that they should try one. So I'm glad to hear that some one else thinks that's a good idea.
I take it the mazda doesn't have much go? I'll mention the idea to them. Thanks for all the tips guys, keep them going, my parents only have 2 weeks to buy a car. (though they've known for 2 years that they need a new one!)
Lex

Add your comment to this topic!