Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Accord Turbo Installation - Flaws??

m0nee
04-13-2004, 10:37 PM
Just have a question pondering aroung in my head...

I own a 1994 2 Dr Honda Accord. So, when installating a turbo, the Accord's enging bay is so compact. How do you even fit the turbo and everything in there?? Can we eliminate the front mount? What has to go if say, I still want to keep the AC Compressor and obtain my air conditioning system since I've seen on the net of people doing that? Also, I've seen many manifolds for the F22 and H22 engines that mounts the turbo up high with descriptions indicating that you can still keep the AC! Any help will be much appreciated... Thanks!! :banghead:

m0nee

Report Post | IP:

Tranzlogic
04-14-2004, 05:19 PM
where your turbo is positioned soley depends on the manifold being ran. Some direct manifolds like the Drag manifolds position you right down teh exhaust flow so you can still obtain A/C ..where other manifolds do not take that into fact rather because they are a pro race manifold or they are junk. you dont want to eliminate your fron month intercooler because that would serve no purpose as far as trying to save room because that is in front of your radiator support, and would be devistating for the life and performance of the turbo. basically It comes down to the fact that if you buy a full turbo kit from a reputable company that will say " utilizes factory A/c " then your good to go.

Add your comment to this topic!