Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stuck and Stalled

carcursed
04-13-2004, 05:41 PM
I could really use some ideas. I have a 91 Acclaim, 4 cylinder which has been giving me a few problems as of late. First off, I threw the timing belt off a bit and stalled out the car. Replaced the belt and reset the timing and all was fine for a few days. Today though, I was driving with about an 1/8th of a tank and the fuel light popped on. A few seconds later it started to drive rough as if it was trying to stall. It evened out and I got it to a gas station and filled it up. It ran ok till the next light, then stalled out at a turning signal. Took a bit to get it started again, and only stayed that way with my foot on the pedal reving it. I was only about 2 minutes from home, so got it there but it stalled out as I stopped it. I got it started again, and it ran very roughly, dying down to almost nothing then surging again. Did this several times before dying again. Car starts, but stalls a few seconds later. I just replaced the fuel filter, so I can't see it being that. Also swapped out all the plugs and wires. Anybody have any advice, preferably some inspired idea that won't cost me an arm and a leg. ;) Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!