Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Removed Dash-Won't Start

Odium
04-13-2004, 03:14 PM
Yesterday I removed the dash from my '95 LeSabre to install a new aftermarket radio. I tried to start the car once I had the headunit wired in without the dash attached, but it wouldnt start. I assumed it was just an antitheft feature so I finished installing the radio. I put the dash back on and tried starting it again. It wouldn't start with the dash on either. When I try to start The motor will turn on and start to run but then sputter and die. I'm still wondering if it is some kind of antitheft device I accidently tripped. I lost one of the dash screws that goes into the A/C vent hole, would that affect anything? Please offer any advice or help you can!

Oleshka10
07-17-2004, 09:38 PM
You must have cut some wires in the dash accidently, because i also own 95 lesabre and installed the same application, i would check the wiring, and maybe the fuses

rcobourn
09-14-2004, 06:27 PM
Can anyone recommend after market radios for '95 Le Sabre? So far I've heard the depth is insufficient (this from Crutchfield), but you've obviously found something. Minimum requirement is CD and front panel aux inputs, would like cassette, MP3, and even DVD-Audio if possible. Also looking to upgrade the speakers.

sallisonbrown
09-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Rcobourn,
Go back and read the posts in the below, "Not a DIN and a half, and NOT a Double DIN"

A lot of good info is offered there on what you are looking for.

Add your comment to this topic!